8hp70 transmission crossmember mount

-

kennethjohn09

Reaction score
Has anybody bought the transmission mount at usct store?

IMG_5095.png

HDK B- body version just out (first three pics)......no floor cutting

HDK A body version in the works. (last picture)

for 8HP70/90

includes adjustable height transmission mount reinforcement and install template

Image_1711469478192.jpg

20240229_111711.jpg

20240306_124842.jpg

20240207_111215.jpg

Does this work with the factory k-frame or does it require the motor to be forward and down a little?

It puts the transmission with adjustable cross member reinforcement as high as possible in the tunnel without major surgery. The crossmember transmission mount is adjustable front / back and up / down.

If I was doing an OEM K build, I would use the HDK transmission mount / A body version, do a slight mod to the tunnel (pictured),....and make it work.

20240126_164500 (2).jpg

20240207_140637 (1).jpg

Last edited:
It puts the transmission with adjustable cross member reinforcement as high as possible in the tunnel without major surgery. The crossmember transmission mount is adjustable front / back and up / down.

If I was doing an OEM K build, I would use the HDK transmission mount / A body version, do a slight mod to the tunnel (pictured),....and make it work.

View attachment 1716227645

View attachment 1716227647
Ok here I am Getting ahead of Denny lol I should have just called you. Looks like I am on the right path OEM k frame I am using with the Hooker black heart and modify the hoop for the NAG 1 kit. I will keep sharing can't hurt but I may be calling you. Thanks!

IMG20240408091924.jpg

Last edited:
Has anybody bought the transmission mount at usct store?

View attachment 1716227460
So my issue with this system is it's for a Hemi swap and motor forward. I really don't like the idea of forcing more weight to front 3 inches. Hemi its long and bigger makes sense. But I'm using a JVX adapter 360 engine stays put and trans mount moves with torsion bars in place. Cost is a factor for me the USCT system also requires the tunnel system.

View attachment 1716227645

View attachment 1716227647
I must be getting lazy.. I keep coming back and looking at these lol

Has any of the A body guys tried one yet? Price point?

original A body version, several tweeks and now 2-piece with the hoop mount separate from transmission mount to ease of install / removal.

version B.......$595 for the assembly, includes 8HP 70 / 90 mount (not powdercoated)

20240604_103201.jpg

20240604_103649.jpg

20240604_115612.jpg

original A body version, several tweeks and now 2-piece with the hoop mount separate from transmission mount to ease of install / removal.

version B.......$595 for the assembly, includes 8HP 70 / 90 mount (not powdercoated)

View attachment 1716306865

View attachment 1716306868

View attachment 1716306869
Man, I love this thing!

Main concern is placement.. I'm only 5/8 forward of stock location and I think the hardware is going to pretty close to the harness plug. Hard to tell. Also concerned that the upper hoop may not work without moving forward as well. Pretty sure that I need to cut off the rear tabs, regardless what direction I go.. I think! Still kinda just staring at it. Would be great to hear if anyone has used with a stock K and semi close to stock location.

Would be great to hear if anyone has used with a stock K and semi close to stock location.

@4.7Light used the stock location in his build.

Looks like his swap starts about post #664

@4.7Light used the stock location in his build.

Looks like his swap starts about post #664

[/URL][/URL]
The HDK mount is what I'm referring to...4.7Light cut up a mount that was intended for a NAG1, if I recall, and a universal x member support.

It looks like the hoop bolt might be exactly where my connector pops into the trans. I barely clear the x member now.. but I do need to cut a little more off yet. So the HDK may be fine as well. Just hard to tell

The pictures are from a 6.4 / 8hp70 install in a 69 Dart.

The mount was made specifically to do the least amount of sheet metal mods as possible but still fit, function, and install with relative ease.

The HDK mount is what I'm referring to...4.7Light cut up a mount that was intended for a NAG1, if I recall, and a universal x member support.

It looks like the hoop bolt might be exactly where my connector pops into the trans. I barely clear the x member now.. but I do need to cut a little more off yet. So the HDK may be fine as well. Just hard to tell
For Denny's set that's for a Hemi 6.4 and moved forward and he used stock location cross member trimming of course. Very little tunnel work as well again Hemi is not for the weak you will be doing more than just this. Watched him share his work amazing kit if your going that route. I bet you could move the 360 forward they make a motor mount to do it.

On mine I had the built LA 360 and cost on my side this was super cheap. Amazing value for what a built 360 can do in front of an 8HP. I drive it everyday if I can grocery store anywhere!

My setup is trimming the left and right side cross member just behind the holes then I put a plate square closing that all around. I used a 3 inching dropped Mancini transmission mount. I put in 2 x 3 sqr tube frame connectors and then put the drop mount just behind it dropped right in easy peasy I probably went over board on trans tunnel but I wanted to have lots of room and my feet are fine. I also used 14 gauge cold rolled steel tunnel and made it much stronger. I got plans for turbos on the 360 someday and I need to make sure it won't twist.... it won't.

This swap is NOT cheap
transmission is like 1000
controller 1000
Driveshaft 400 and up
Adapters drive shaft and flex plate about 500
Auto Shifter Challenger style wanted brand new Mopar that's bling bling 500 to 600
Cooler and line 300
TPS 200 Holley
RPM converter or ECU with square wave 5 volt
I used a NAG1 hoop but looking back now I would make my own simple.

So yeah 4000 to 5000 it's not cheap it is a game changer ask the mid high 11 I run now with ease and I don't know what the heck I'm doing Im just mashing it and holding on.

I also plan to track the car at Hallet local near me on Oklahoma and with this transmission will for sure let me do that. It's great fun flip shifter to the left and for some sport driving on a curvy road.

Best part is this made my car plain mean fun it's so much fun shocking the crap out of cars that expect to knock my doors off. Tesla got shocked and a few bikes now. They don't expect a crappy Dart to pull on them lol. Car scares the crap out of me now. I got a few runs in quickly to 140 or so last few weeks and it was still going hard. Its not safe now needs some changes bigger brakes different headers sparks at 120 was lots of pucker factor and dumb as hell. I will admit I didn't realize what the transmission would unlock. My 727 did not do this just bad mismatch I guess. I'm using factory tune for 6.4 Scatpack redlines and all.

Working with Russel Drake is amazing as well and check out the Facebook page 8HP70 build la conversion page. I have a write up and all my pictures here and there.

For Denny's set that's for a Hemi 6.4 and moved forward and he used stock location cross member trimming of course. Very little tunnel work as well again Hemi is not for the weak you will be doing more than just this. Watched him share his work amazing kit if your going that route. I bet you could move the 360 forward they make a motor mount to do it.

On mine I had the built LA 360 and cost on my side this was super cheap. Amazing value for what a built 360 can do in front of an 8HP. I drive it everyday if I can grocery store anywhere!

My setup is trimming the left and right side cross member just behind the holes then I put a plate square closing that all around. I used a 3 inching dropped Mancini transmission mount. I put in 2 x 3 sqr tube frame connectors and then put the drop mount just behind it dropped right in easy peasy I probably went over board on trans tunnel but I wanted to have lots of room and my feet are fine. I also used 14 gauge cold rolled steel tunnel and made it much stronger. I got plans for turbos on the 360 someday and I need to make sure it won't twist.... it won't.

This swap is NOT cheap
transmission is like 1000
controller 1000
Driveshaft 400 and up
Adapters drive shaft and flex plate about 500
Auto Shifter Challenger style wanted brand new Mopar that's bling bling 500 to 600
Cooler and line 300
TPS 200 Holley
RPM converter or ECU with square wave 5 volt
I used a NAG1 hoop but looking back now I would make my own simple.

So yeah 4000 to 5000 it's not cheap it is a game changer ask the mid high 11 I run now with ease and I don't know what the heck I'm doing Im just mashing it and holding on.

I also plan to track the car at Hallet local near me on Oklahoma and with this transmission will for sure let me do that. It's great fun flip shifter to the left and for some sport driving on a curvy road.

Best part is this made my car plain mean fun it's so much fun shocking the crap out of cars that expect to knock my doors off. Tesla got shocked and a few bikes now. They don't expect a crappy Dart to pull on them lol. Car scares the crap out of me now. I got a few runs in quickly to 140 or so last few weeks and it was still going hard. Its not safe now needs some changes bigger brakes different headers sparks at 120 was lots of pucker factor and dumb as hell. I will admit I didn't realize what the transmission would unlock. My 727 did not do this just bad mismatch I guess. I'm using factory tune for 6.4 Scatpack redlines and all.

Working with Russel Drake is amazing as well and check out the Facebook page 8HP70 build la conversion page. I have a write up and all my pictures here and there.
Appreciate the input. Not my first 8hp and I run a little tighter budget .It's just hard for me to buy things that I can build, but damn, that HDK is NICE!

It's a 6.4 car that I was running a 904 behind.. Moparty finished it off. Your swap took quite a bit more than a Hemi swap does.. Adding a 8hp to a Hemi swap is pretty easy, aside from it going into an A body.. I don't need all extras. Bolt it in and add controller, drive shaft and x member. I've got 350 in the trans (tested in Hoopty), 70 in the T shifter.. still might go dial due to bench seat, the SGA controller went up and is now 1295 and I've got 1 on hand. Local Nascar guy does my driveshafts but with the Sonnax adapter, I'll probably be in 450-500 range including my adapter.. Then add another 100 for misc bs

Still a bit salty, but not as bad as the LA guys.

I must be getting old... I just bought the HDK LOL.

Spoke on the phone with Denny and what a great guy to talk with. Looking forward to installing and reviewing, with a possible Install Write Up.

-
Back