9.25 rear versus 9.25 corporate rear?

-

74slnt6

Reaction score
so I got a 02 ram with a corporate 9.25. I know of some old 9.25 suregrips we have, but would an old 9.25 suregrip work with a corporate 9.25? just curious, lookin to make my ram a SG

Pretty sure a 9.25 is a 9.25. They are all "corporate", i.e. not Dana XX.

I see i see I was under the idea the new ones were different, but like a 73 9.25 would be the same as an 02?

I recall reading an article that they changed the supplier of the 9.25 and the new one visually is quite differnent looking. I would expect that the internals are not interchangeable.

Being a c-clip type axles if an axle breaks at the strip the wheel falls out. I'm sure you've seen that on Pinks, lol. Not the best choice for a high HP application.

there was a design change in the early 1980's, a sure grip unit should work if it is from 1984 and up. the SG units from the 70's will not work due to the change in the C-clip thickness, axle groove, and retaining shaft diameter. HTH

there was a design change in the early 1980's, a sure grip unit should work if it is from 1984 and up. the SG units from the 70's will not work due to the change in the C-clip thickness, axle groove, and retaining shaft diameter. HTH

Now that is good to know as I'm going to be scouting the bone yards for a suregrip for my 74 charger that has the 9.25 rear. I also was under the impression that a 9.25 didnt undergo any internal changes so you just potentially saved me some bucks... Thank you kindly!:salute:

-
Back