-
Status
Not open for further replies.

A68DART360

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 9" ford rear end with disc brakes and a 3.89 posi unit for sale. Length is same as an a-body 8 3/4 as it was in my 68 Dodge Dart and sat on the leaf springs in the same location. Worked fine in my car but decided to put my 8 3/4 back in my car with a different gear ratio. $1,000.00 located in hi desert of So. Calif. in Hesperia.

Bolt pattern? Who narrowed it, what axles?

What kind of disc setup? Does it have legit emergency brakes?

Can you ship, and how much to 83814?

Thanks, Del

Bolt pattern? Who narrowed it, what axles?

What kind of disc setup? Does it have legit emergency brakes?

Can you ship, and how much to 83814?

Thanks, Del

Del, it may not have been narrowed. Some early Ford 9" rears were the same width as A body and did not even require moving the spring perches. I think you may find this in the Tech pages of the BigBlockDart.com web site.

Its from a Lincoln Versaille factory disc brakes with built in e-brake, 4 1/2 bolt pattern with stock axles. I don't know if it has been narrowed( I don't think it has) I bought it this way from a friend who was going to put it into a different car. I can ship but it would have to go truck freight and it would be heavy and pricey. Probably cost a few hundred dollars. My zip code is 90640 if you want to look into cost yourself.

here are pics

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 330
  • 002.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 315
  • 004.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 329
Its from a Lincoln Versaille factory disc brakes with built in e-brake, 4 1/2 bolt pattern with stock axles. I don't know if it has been narrowed( I don't think it has) I bought it this way from a friend who was going to put it into a different car. I can ship but it would have to go truck freight and it would be heavy and pricey. Probably cost a few hundred dollars. My zip code is 90640 if you want to look into cost yourself.

Thanks, I'll check into shipping. Can you at least get it somewhere to get it banded to a pallet?
Thanks

Yes I ship from my work all the major trucking companies With a pallet it would weigh about 200 lbs on a 3' by 4' pallet. clean yes its just a little dusty from being in my car in the desert.

I've got somewhat wound up about this. I'll check into shipping

Can you give me a good figure on width from wheel flange -- wheel flange, and the c-c on center bolt holes?

overall width at the wheel flanges is 58" and center to center of spring pad is 42". it fit in the stock location of my 68 Dart

Alrighty then. I'll look into shipping at my end. You might inquire around town "who you can get it to." I don't really understand the "transfer" freight system, but I'm certainly interested.

(I just HAD to spend 1500 on a new 70-200mm Canon lens, too!!)

Does this 9 inch have an offset pinion like Mopars do? Mopars have a 1 and 3/16 inch driveline offset. I believe that's the correct measurement. You measure from one side to the other side at the same place, divide by 2 and Mopars pinion centerline is offset to the left.

Yes the pinion is offset. the yoke that is on it is if I remember at 1310. I had a 1350 yoke on my driveline and I used a ujoint that had both sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back