[WANTED] 9" (front) drum brakes

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
GGOD MORNING, DO YOU NEED NEW OR USED I THINK I HAVE A PAIR OF DRUMS ON A 65 DART FRONT END AT HOME I CAN CHECK TONIGHT

new would be nice.....however, nice used is A-OK. I have a new set of drums....I need the entire package (less spindles)

I'LL PULL THEM TONIGHT AND MEASURE THEM TO SEE HOW MUCH LIFE IS LEFT ON THEM AND GET BACK TO YOU. I CAN BRING THEM TO CARLISLE IF THAT WORKS OR SHIP THEM IT'S UP TO YOU.

I have a pair of loaded backing plates. Shoes and hardware all attached. All in good shape.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Sounds like you are changing the backing plate and hubs. If so, I would consider changing to a disk setup. Scarebird sells a set of adapter plates for $105 that bolt to your 9" spindles. You source Toyota and GM rotor and caliper (or buy from them). Another option is changing to a 10" drum spindle, which gives beefier wheel bearings, but disks would be a bigger bang for not much more.

the car I am working on has discs now with the small ball joint spindles....I am restoring the Leal / Direct Connection B/MP Hemi Duster. When it left Bulters shop, and raced by Leal, it had 9" drums on the front ....I am just wanting it to be as correct as possible.

I have the drum setup from a 1968 Valiant (backing plates, hardware, shoes, finned drum) other drum is shot.
Let me know if you want them

I to have complete left and right 9" I took of Victoria 1966 valiant. . Everything from ball joints out in good shap..we went front disc brakes. .pm me when you can

thanks for the responses.....I think I now have everything I need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back