9 inch front drum on 72 scamp

-

Scamparoo

Reaction score
I am currently having trouble finding the front drum for my 1972 plymouth scamp. My bearing went and tore into the drum/wheel hub (one peice) and now all i can find any where are front 10 inch drums. Any help on this one? This is my first Mopar, or muscle car for that matter, so its a learning process. I understand theyre usually sold as break drum and hub seperate nowadays but i cant even find the 9 inch drum.

Every time I hear about 9" drum brakes I cringe. They were poor brakes when new and even poorer as they wear. Think about switching to 10" real soon or disc brakes if you have the money.

Advanced Auto had mine a few years ago when I got them.

i'm not sure if you only need the drum but on my 70' duster with 9" drums all the way around, i learned the hard that there is two different widths of shoes...i believe it is 2 and 2 1/2" just a sidenote for ya i went to tops auto parts in anaheim...been around since the 60's or so!

Thanks guys. I had to use a Honda forum once and I didnt get nearly as much help as I did here. Any recommendations on hubs? I dont have anything to go by because mines all one piece.

-
Back