90 degree filter adapter bolts

-

pauly

MOPAR or no car!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is the reason some of the bolts have round holes and some have a slot in them? Guessing there’s a reason-just hit me wondering!

The ones with the round holes all in a line are weaker, I think.
DING DING DING!!! We have a winner. 4 holes drilled across from each other will twist easily. THe offset holes or the slots are much stronger.

Ma Mopar made the ones with round holes strong enough…I don’t see why there would ever be a reason to have to tighten any one bolt significantly more than any other. All they have to do is crush a little copper washer

i can't wait until this thread devolves into wild speculation, suspect anecdotal evidence and reckless hearsay.

and frankly, i'm here for it.

This is a standard bolt overtightened. Crank it down a little tighter so it doesn't leak.
1727007936815.png

Ma Mopar made the ones with round holes strong enough…I don’t see why there would ever be a reason to have to tighten any one bolt significantly more than any other. All they have to do is crush a little copper washer
and what is the torque spec on that bolt?

If you torque a factory bolt to spec you may break it.
When I broke this one I didn't know about the difference till I dug out a spare.
Not only are the holes offset it has thicker walls. I forget the numbers but the bore is still greater than the 4 small holes.
2018-04-01_002.jpg

2018-04-01_003.jpg

2018-04-01_004.jpg

Alan

Last edited:
Just another reason to not use these adapters unless you absolutely have to.

Sadly or not if you understand the situation that adapter makes it so we don’t have to run short filters and junk headers.

I don’t care if your Prius runs a cup sized oil filter.

And I hate junk headers.

Chrysler used it for a reason. And it’s far better than the less expensive cheese dick plate that leaks constantly.

Sadly or not if you understand the situation that adapter makes it so we don’t have to run short filters and junk headers.

I don’t care if your Prius runs a cup sized oil filter.

And I hate junk headers.

Chrysler used it for a reason. And it’s far better than the less expensive cheese dick plate that leaks constantly.
I don’t have a Prius but rather a brand new M series BMW. Oh and a brand new Bronco.

And nowhere did anyone say anything about headers. But yes I DO understand the situation. Do you? Because everyone of your posts makes it sound like everyone is after 6 second time slips. They’re not.

I don’t have a Prius but rather a brand new M series BMW. Oh and a brand new Bronco.

And nowhere did anyone say anything about headers. But yes I DO understand the situation. Do you? Because everyone of your posts makes it sound like everyone is after 6 second time slips. They’re not.

No ****? Let me know when a showroom 66 Barracuda with a 235 hp 273 will run a 6. Because it wouldn’t but it had that adapter on it.

Get real.

Nowhere did the OP say he had a 66 Barracuda. But I guess you missed that.

I was giving an example of a car Chrysler sent out with that adapter.

Virtually every PERFORMANCE Chrysler car I can remember had that adapter on it.

That’s my point. Chrysler didn’t go to all the trouble to make it and then install it if it didn’t serve a purpose.

Use one, don’t use one. I have tested short verses long filters and if you do that, you’d never run a short filter again.

-
Back