90 degree filter adapter

-

68 Coronet RT

68 GTS # 508 in Registry
Reaction score
If you have the clearance is it better to run a oil filter without the 90 degree adapter ? Will a shorty filter without a 90 degree adapter fit with stock exhaust manifolds and 2 1/2 inch TTI pipes.

Engine chassis combination? My guess is to see if that combo came stock with
or without a 90 degree adapter. I would avoid using one if possible.

More restrictions, more gaskets and more places to leak..what do you think?

90's suck with the short filters available today. They were made to accomodate the 273 in the narrow A chassis and the exhaust routing. Not knocking them but they do introduce 2 more gaskets and a 90 degree L into the mix. If you need it, you will know.

i'm running 340 manifolds with TTI head pipes and i needed to run the 90* adapter in a 70 dart.. its tight in there... nothing wrong with the adapter. i've never had any leak issues. chrysler engineered that adapter to work with a 340 so i don't see any issues running one..

i'd have to look to remember but i'm pretty sure i have a napa gold 1068 on the car.

Last edited:
I have the 90* assembly on my 69 340 Cuda,,,,,,, no problems. When changing oil, I remove filter from on top. Just wipe the "T" bars when done.
Dave

i'm running 340 manifolds with TTI head pipes and i needed to run the 90* adapter in a 70 dart.. its tight in there... nothing wrong with the adapter. i've never had any leak issues. chrysler engineered that adapter to work with a 340 so i don't see any issues running one..

i'd have to look to remember but i'm pretty sure i have a napa gold 1069 on the car.

Napa Gold is the 1068, you can also use Wix 51085 or Napa gold 1085 which is a little shorter or go to Wal-Mart and get the Mopar MO-090 for 6 bucks. I like the MO-090 as it has 8 holes on top compared to 6 for the Wix and Napa even though Wix makes Napa and Mopar filters

Napa Gold is the 1068, you can also use Wix 51085 or Napa gold 1085 which is a little shorter or go to Wal-Mart and get the Mopar MO-090 for 6 bucks. I like the MO-090 as it has 8 holes on top compared to 6 for the Wix and Napa even though Wix makes Napa and Mopar filters

yea that was a mistype.. 1068 i meant.. damn phone..

yea that was a mistype.. 1068 i meant.. damn phone..

Oh man I hear you on the phone, just have to love the auto correct. You have to proof read everything before you send. I stopped at a Dodge dealership to buy a MO-090 filter and they wanted 11.00 bucks I said no thanks, went to Wal-Mart and bought the same MO-090 filter for $6.00. That's even cheaper than I found it on line. Some guys are using the Mopar FE00292 filter which I found on line for less than 3 bucks. Just might order a few.

-
Back