90 degree oil filter gaskets and bolts questions

-

340six

Reaction score
Over the years I have used many without leaks. 1st on was on a 1972 Ralley 340 car. But all the bolts had large heads and mutable round holes like the ones currently sold now.
The bolt I have now is 2 long slots (pictured see funny bolt 2 long slots) and smaller head.
I wonder about flow look like both would flow? Would it flow as good as the round hole bolts?
I did port and blend my oil pump, as well as the oil filter adapter. Are the Mopar Gaskets shown still good at sealing or should I use another brand?

20230203_002604.jpg

20230202_202623.jpg

Last edited:
The bolt will be fine if you don't over torque it. 50 lbs. is what it's supposed to torque to. The gaskets are fine EXCEPT for the one that goes between the bolt head and the adapter. Use a copper washer between those 2. I like to use one that is as big as the OD of the round hole in adapter, that the bolt goes thru. I am currently on the search for copper washers for mine that I need to bolt to my 273. When I find some, I'm gonna buy enough to tide me over with the rest of the small blocks I need to build before I kick over...lol.
If you're concerned with the bolt still, Mega Parts sells a gasket kit with a bolt. I bought 2 of these from them because two of the 90 degree adapters I have was missing the bolt. The ID of these bolts is smaller than the originals, which was 9/16. I will probably bore mine out to that. Hope this helped.

Small Block Offset Oil Filter Bracket Bolt and Gasket Kit, Oil Filters, 101-OFB-1 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts

40 lbs is what i used couple months ago on 54 year old bolt not a drop leaked
carefull with the torque

Plan was use the ported housing, the bolt i have with the MP gaskets.
So should not worry about the newer large head bolt cool.
FYI the gaskets pictured are mine I have 8-10 sets and a,few Fel-Pro that come in whole engine kits.
But wanted to ask since I have new coated headers. Us no one likes leaks.
Thanks

Why use the 90 degree oil filter if it's not needed? Won't your longtubes clear the oil filter if you just mount it to the block?

Why use the 90 degree oil filter if it's not needed? Won't your longtubes clear the oil filter if you just mount it to the block?
Did not last time with my old headers. Been on there since 2004 had no leak. I think i used the Fel-Pro or Mopar gaskets since that's what have here. But wanted to ask And even had one on it stock with the manifolds and pipes

-
Back