90* oil filter?

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
Was wondering if this is the same 90* oil filter adapter that is needed for the future tti header placement on my 66 valiant with a 340. This is a picture of the 66' 273 oil filter that is cast iron. They have the MP one that is $130 bucks for aluminum :wack: . Would like to pillage the one from my 273 for the 340. Any problems with doing this?

dcc-5249624_w.jpg

90 degree oil filter from 273.jpg

They are all interchangable from small block to small block. If you have one then don't buy another one.

I'd like to know exactly how that thing is put together. Excellent shot by the way.

A Napa 1068 3/4 length filter also fits just fine on a standard filter adapter plate. Drill 4 extra 1/4" holes in the adapter if you go that route.

sweet glad this will work out.

388 Dart: Drill 4 extra 1/4" holes in the adapter if you go that route.

why do you need to drill extra holes? to increase flow?

i got one of those on my cuda, it was leaking took it apart and i dont remember wth it was but something was between the adaptor and the engine, took that out leak fixed :headbang: hmm i never though of drilling more holes...dang, it was quite a beoch to get back on

Holy crap are the AL adapters expensive now. Boy am I glad I bought mine years ago for next to nothing used.

no joke. got a buddy that works at a local dealership who found an aluminum one off a scrapped older 360 Magnum. Getting for free so I can't complain about that. Plus a few oz wt savings.

-
Back