90 Yeal Old Army Veteran Gets Another Kill

-

SpikeWills69

Live Free or Die
Reaction score
Dad got a 4 point buck yesterday with a crossbow. His second dear this season. The first was a doe with his new Inline Muzzle Loader. He turns 91 in February and served in Heavy Artillery in the Philippines in WWII. Sorry, waiting for crossbow/buck pictures and will post as soon as possible. That is an older photo and as you can see, he loves his hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 349
That is great that he is so active. Shake your Dads hand and thank him for me. My Grandfather was in WWII with the 94th Infantry.

That's great still making memories with the old man! Hope is able to enjoy more hunting years.

I sure will, he was as giddy as a teenager over it :) They really are a phenomenal generation. Do you know where your Grandfather served?

No over in Europe somewhere. He passed away from Alzheimer a few years ago. My Grandfather would not talk about it.

This thread brought a huge smile to my face!!! That is very cool, glad he is out enjoying himself at 90, he sure doesn't look that old! Tell him congrats and thanks for his service!!!

My grandpa served in Europe as a photographer during the war. He passed in 1991 before I was born. He was at all the prison camps, d-day, and the peace talks. Grandma, who he met in Belgium and married after the war when she came to the US, has pictures of Hitler, Stalin, Churchill, the Queen, and all the leaders of Europe in her house. I would have loved to have talked to him about it, but the stories live on with the family. Tell your dad thanks for his service for me. Nice to see him out in the woods :cheers:

Great to see him still gettin out at that age but there isnt a way he is 90 dont look a day over 75. Its good to see he still has his accuracy from back then.
Please thank him for his service in the Philippines for me.

Awesome. Great to see him enjoying himself and his freedoms that he and so many fought for.

Thanks for the compliments, I will pass them on to him. The beauty is that he got his buck on Veteran's Day (or at least he day the banks were closed for Veterans Day) :)

Thanks too for sharing about your Grandfathers. Wow, we owe so much to them.

Great to see him still gettin out at that age but there isnt a way he is 90 dont look a day over 75. Its good to see he still has his accuracy from back then.
Please thank him for his service in the Philippines for me.

Thanks, and interesting you mention his accuracy. He had a detached retina in his right eye at age 16, so has been blind in that eye since. During WWII I guess that was no big deal, since they took him into the army. And yes, he qualified Expert. He is right handed, but learned to shoot left handed.

Happy Belated Veterans Day to him and thank him for his service for me. Also Congratulations!

Thanks, and interesting you mention his accuracy. He had a detached retina in his right eye at age 16, so has been blind in that eye since. During WWII I guess that was no big deal, since they took him into the army. And yes, he qualified Expert. He is right handed, but learned to shoot left handed.

Thats so cool. I have been tryin to learn to shoot lefty as I am right handed but I have a choice and he didnt.
And it must be pretty cool to see all the changes the world has gone through in the 90 yrs he has been alive. It is cool to hear my grandparents tell of when they were kids and all the changes since and they just turned 80

Same crossbow, but my brother this time, who just retired. He's enjoying his retirement.
598406_668595532754_994478062_n.jpg

Thats so cool. I have been tryin to learn to shoot lefty as I am right handed but I have a choice and he didnt.
And it must be pretty cool to see all the changes the world has gone through in the 90 yrs he has been alive. It is cool to hear my grandparents tell of when they were kids and all the changes since and they just turned 80

I love sitting with him, sipping coffee and asking him about stuff like that. They have sure seen an amazing amount of change during their life times.

Shoot yea he is happy :blob::cheers: Things like this is what keeps us young :glasses7:
Family, Dreams and a big smile :D Thank you for sharing these days with
us Spike, and please send my best to this happy man
and thank him for the smile he just put on my face :D
Thank him for his service to keep us safe and free as we enjoy our days
given to us , wow!! I can't take the smile off my face :D:D
Very impressed of his skill for his age :sunny:

Shoot yea he is happy :blob::cheers: Things like this is what keeps us young :glasses7:
Family, Dreams and a big smile :D Thank you for sharing these days with
us Spike, and please send my best to this happy man
and thank him for the smile he just put on my face :D
Thank him for his service to keep us safe and free as we enjoy our days
given to us , wow!! I can't take the smile off my face :D:D
Very impressed of his skill for his age :sunny:

Thanks for the kind words, and I will share this with him.

Thanks for the kind words, and I will share this with him.

Thank you Spike, let him know he has many folks out here that wish we had
a fellow like him in our life to enjoy and learn from.. he inspired me to get out
and do some tracking and get some fresh air today :cheers:
I am off and on my way out the door now :cheers: with camera in hand
and a 22 mag if I see the Mt lion that took two calves last year. It's that time of year again for them to make there way here. :sunny:

Thank you Spike, let him know he has many folks out here that wish we had
a fellow like him in our life to enjoy and learn from.. he inspired me to get out
and do some tracking and get some fresh air today :cheers:
I am off and on my way out the door now :cheers: with camera in hand
and a 22 mag if I see the Mt lion that took two calves last year. It's that time of year again for them to make there way here. :sunny:
Wow Mimike, that is awesome. He has sure been a fantastic Dad and we feel blessed in so many ways. We need pictures of the Mt Lion when you bag it. Post your other pics too.

Yep, Pop got another dear. That makes three for the season, one doe on a permit with the smoke pole, one buck with the crossbow and he shot another doe on a second permit with inline last Thursday. That is more dear than he has ever gotten in one season. Not bad for for an almost 91 year old.

And yes, not to worry, all that venison gets eaten.

-
Back