904 build

-

n8ling

Reaction score
So I recently built up a decent 360 .60 over est. h/p 375 ish( shoulda went bigger cam!) anyways did not take long before 2nd gear faded out on me!
Have a new 2800 stall converter. So back to the point, I am planning to rebuild on my own although the more I read, the more intimidating it seems to get!
I have ordered transgo tf-2 shift kit, and planning deluxe racing master overhaul rebuild kit from tcsproducts.com part # 148900dl , questions are should I be replacing pump gear set or return modual?? Are there other parts , hard parts that should be done? Special tools? I have slide hammer and ring pliers what else? Trans is out and cleaned up and empty, but have not opened her up yet. Another question the rebuild kit is for 1972 an on, I will be asking tcs techs but if anyone else knows the difference that would be handy. I know there is a lot of info here on FABO and I'm reading as much as I can, and on the net as well. But I have more faith in the members on this sight for correct info! Thanks

tcs sell a harden pump gear if you want to swap them out...I would get a reinforced band strut also..

check to what the kickdown lever ratio is ....should be at least 4.2...I use 5.0 in my race trans...

only other thing would be a 24 spring kit for the front drum from tcs,,,if you are spinning it upwards of 6000 rpm...

just make check all your clearances are correct....special tools...need to compress front clutch pac somehow to remove and replace lip seals..plus need to remove and replace pump bushing...front drum bushing and tail shaft bushing....probably take all three items and bushing to locate trans shop and they should be able to do that in a couple of minutes...you need to disassemble the pump to get to the bushing

Also was wondering if anyone has any experience or info on internal kickdown?
I have all sorts of bushing drivers, as for compressing clutch pack....no clue?!

c clamps to can be used on the clutch pac...

internal kickdown???

kickdown lever will be stamped with its ratio if that is the question

Attachments

• Kickdown Lever-L.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 188
If it's your first time on this unit set up a video camera and document the tare down I have done this on transmissions and other removals such as vacuum hoses and harnesses from engines. just my .02.

nothing to do with this post really less you got a 904 hereby wisc that isnt under snow yet but i see alotta guys got 360"s here i need a set a new kb107 +.030
i have anew set of kb107.060 with rings i neeed to trade or sell cheap to get my 30 overs i also have a edelbrock victor 340 airgapwith a 750 or780 vac secondaries on it to trade or sell
carbs prob neeed a going thru been sittn a year now did work awsome
any 1 needs a set of pistons kb107.060 or nice intake and carb will be looking for 904 next pm me please i dont need rings i will get my own so its a better deal for yah to jump to help us both out pm me asap health probs set me back

Not sure. Oh we'll As soon as I get my parts it's time
To dig in. Thanks for the insite. If I need anything you can bet ill ask!!!

-
Back