904 Extension housing gasket/help

-

eestatic

Reaction score
Question:

Is a 1968-71 Dodge Torqueflite-6,904 transmission paper & rubber,(gasket & seal) kit the same for a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda 273/console shift?

Or differently stated, are the extension housings the same at the body/mating area?

I'm bummed out that the Transtar Super Deluxe Overhaul Kit for Chrysler TF6 (A904) 60-Up doesn't have a/an extension housing gasket or rear seal!! :wack:

Thanks Fabo

The TransStar kit should have an extension housing gasket, unless they accidentally left it out, but whether or not it's correct is the question cause like A/J said that 65 may have a rear pump. I know for sure 66 and newer don't have a rear pump but like A/J don't remember if they had one in 65 or if that was the first year without one. If it doesn't have a rear pump your golden cause that gasket can be bought easily if not in the kit. I've bought them at NAPA before. If it does have a rear pump try www.wittrans.com as they have a lot of older stuff available and are reasonably priced

Thanks for the replies!!

The Transtar "kit" for 60 & up as advertised does not have the extension housing, park pawl gasket or tail shaft seal (with yoke).

According to sales person, the additional parts was supposed to be a supplemental kit but it was not included!!

This kit is not available anymore but I have established contact with Pat Blase and he is rounding up my needed parts.

I will say his help & prompt correspondence is exemplary

Thanks fabo.

That's too bad about the TranStar kit. Been quite a while since I bought one for a 904 but last one I got had all gaskets and seals.

I forgot about Pat. He can usually get most anything. Good thing you found him

-
Back