904 front seal

-

67dodgedartconv

Reaction score
Stupid question but I'm going ask anyway. I removed transmission and installed new front seal, coated with trans fliud and put the torque converter in. Trans is still out of car but had to remove converter again. Is it OK to reinstall converter with same seal or should I use a new one? I would think it's OK but don't want a leak. Thanks.

yes...you can reinstall the converter using the same seal...as always make sure the converter is fully seated.

Stupid question but I'm going ask anyway. I removed transmission and installed new front seal, coated with trans fliud and put the torque converter in. Trans is still out of car but had to remove converter again. Is it OK to reinstall converter with same seal or should I use a new one? I would think it's OK but don't want a leak. Thanks.
The seal should be OK, but make sure you inspect the converter hub closely. The finish on the hub should be as smooth as a baby's butt. If it's not, you might be replacing the seal again and again.
To help make sure the garter spring on the seal stays in place, pack it with vaseoline or the like.

-
Back