904 parts upgrades

-

67 gt

A Wog boy who loves his Mopars !
Reaction score
Just looking for some guidance and where to purchase these extra parts if needed . I’ve just ordered the turbo action FMVB through Summit and while the VB is out is there any other upgrades I can do ? . I’ve got the billet rear servo, 5.0 2nd band lever and the HD front band strut in my shopping cart through A&A Transmissions Just seeing if there is any thing else before I place an order. A little background Trans was rebuilt 6 years ago using the Raybestes Red plates, Altos steels, bolt in sprag, extra plate in the front drum ,Kevlar rear band , modified pump to take the larger torque converter snout custom built 3000 stall for my car,MP pan Transgo 2 kit. Now engine has been upgraded 408 solid roller 355 rear end in a DD weight with me in it 1520kg -3351Lbs.

The only 2 things I can think of is A&A's front clutch return spring assembly that replaces the original spiral wound spring and a 1-5/8" wide kevlar front band. Other than the manual VB that's how I built my 904 that's behind a stout 408 with a 4000 stall and I've beat on it for about 6 yrs. with no problem

EDIT: just thought about the planetaries. Do you know what it has in it? You should be running steel 4 pinion planetaries

Last edited:
as said...the multi spring front clutch pac return spring...

The only 2 things I can think of is A&A's front clutch return spring assembly that replaces the original spiral wound spring and a 1-5/8" wide kevlar front band. Other than the manual VB that's how I built my 904 that's behind a stout 408 with a 4000 stall and I've beat on it for about 6 yrs. with no problem

EDIT: just thought about the planetaries. Do you know what it has in it? You should be running steel 4 pinion planetaries
Tracey thanks for the reply I would think it’s the std 3 planetary. 70 Cuda you wouldn’t happen to have a part number as I cannot locate it on those springs . Much appreciated to you both on the reply’s. This is what I have in the shopping cart at the moment . 5.0 kd lever, heavy duty front band strut,904 billet Aluminum low/ reverse piston kit 67 up. Transmission is still in the car no issues just looking for some neck snapping not too extreme but pretty firm. It shifts well but when I had the transmission built they built it with the transgo kit 2 but was on the mellow side to my liking and they did tell me that they thought it might be a bit on the harsh side and they made it as to not shift too hard. It’s not a Daly but it gets driven regularly.

-
Back