904 to 833 - Reverse light ?

-

dgully

Reaction score
Hey guys! So finally got the stroker in and working on the 4 speed conversion, Question is, that's if Iam reading the wiring diagram right the 904 has 3 wires, "black, brown-yellow tr, black-tr. The brown-yellow goes to the starter Sol. For my conversion for backup lights do I just hook up the BLK and BLK-TR to the 833 and eliminate the brown-yellow tr that goes to the starter sol?

Thanks for replies

Iirc, you have a little sub harness one for four speed, one for auto, that Tony defeo sells cheap. Plug n play

I'd like to know about this too. Tony, you know what's up with this? Thanks.

Exactly.

But you have to ground that Brown-yellow wire or your starter won't work. Better is to use a clutch pedal switch but that's another story$$$

Ok, So on the wiring diagram it shows a DK green wire that goes from the starter sol to the clutch pedal safety? so it has to be grounded to start, pedal depressed? then after it starts and clutch pedal is released back to normal position, the engine stays running? Aim I thinking in the right direction?

Thank you

ahh yes a new one is $$$$, guess ill just ground the brown-yellow wire

Ok, So on the wiring diagram it shows a DK green wire that goes from the starter sol to the clutch pedal safety? so it has to be grounded to start, pedal depressed? then after it starts and clutch pedal is released back to normal position, the engine stays running? Aim I thinking in the right direction?

Thank you

It's the starter relay that must have a ground signal to engage the starter.
starter_relay_detail1.jpg

-
Back