904 Tranny pan New parts number?

-

2kids

Reaction score
Tried ordering a new transmission pan from the dealer using the parts numbers:
52118 779AB

Parts guy says the pan number changed and he was not positive if the parts were the same ones I wanted, but they appeared to be - anyone else encountered the changed parts numbers?

5211877AB has been changed to a 5211877AD pan $42.41

So, now I'm starting to wonder is the "D" for a deeper pan?

Thanks!

Tried ordering a new transmission pan from the dealer using the parts numbers:
52118 779AB

Parts guy says the pan number changed and he was not positive if the parts were the same ones I wanted, but they appeared to be - anyone else encountered the changed parts numbers?

5211877AB has been changed to a 5211877AD pan $42.41

So, now I'm starting to wonder is the "D" for a deeper pan?

Thanks!

Same pan,not sure why they changed the part #.
Highly recommend this pan with the reusable pan gasket (4295875AC).
Ebay has pan and gasket packages,$38.00.
Use Mopar Performance filter spacer P4510054
Trans pan leaks will be a thing of the past with this pan/gasket.
Life is good !!

Hello!

I'm also looking to replace my 904 pan and seal. (1971 Swinger) I looked up the 4295875AC on ebay and saw the kits Johnny is referring to, but the pan looks deeper then mine. I'd have to get under there to look, but seems like that would leave the bottom of the pan too low. How does the filter spacer work into the the equation? Thanks so much for any help!!

Hello!

I'm also looking to replace my 904 pan and seal. (1971 Swinger) I looked up the 4295875AC on ebay and saw the kits Johnny is referring to, but the pan looks deeper then mine. I'd have to get under there to look, but seems like that would leave the bottom of the pan too low. How does the filter spacer work into the the equation? Thanks so much for any help!!

The pan is deeper than a stock pan.I believe it holds 2 extra quarts. The spacer drops the trans filter to the bottom of the pan The pan is not to low,it sits just right for ground clearance.
More fluid is a plus for cooling,etc. The gasket is reusable,and leak free.
Highly recommend this pan/gasket.

The pan is deeper than a stock pan.I believe it holds 2 extra quarts. The spacer drops the trans filter to the bottom of the pan The pan is not to low,it sits just right for ground clearance.
More fluid is a plus for cooling,etc. The gasket is reusable,and leak free.
Highly recommend this pan/gasket.

Awesome! So I can bolt those in and just add 2 more quarts tranny fluid then usual. Ordering!!!

Thanks sir!

Awesome! So I can bolt those in and just add 2 more quarts tranny fluid then usual. Ordering!!!

Thanks sir!

Don't quote me on the 2 quarts. I believe it to be around there.
Take your time in adding fluid,and fill accordingly.

I just referenced this post for my leaking 904. Were you able to use the same bolts, or did you change them out? Also, how did it work out for you? Did it solve your leaks?

-
Back