904 tranny

-

okiemike

Reaction score
Help, I have a 1969 barracuda notch back with 318 and 904 transmission. Since rebuild I installed a edlebrock 600 4 barrel carb. Question is does the transmission kick down push towards the firewall to activate or does it pull towards the front to active the kick down?

towards the firewall but you don't want it tight all the time,you want it to have a little bit of slack in the rod.

Thanks that's what I thought, I will have to figure out the linkage on the edlebrock to make it work. I got it hooked up backwards! Thanks Sedanman!

You will need the special KD pin/bolt, to put the right geometry into the system, or else risk burning up the tranny, from lack of throttle valve activation.
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/carburetors/access-throttle.shtml

I second this, as the bracket to fit the TP rod geometry is pretty much mandatory with and eddie carb.
I built my own, but looking back it would have been easier to buy it, because they don't cost much.

If you decide to try and get by without it, it's near impossible to get the geometry right.
Geometry does not refer to just whether it connects or not, but how much it travels in relation to the carb linkage and is critical to correct trans pressures.

Edelbrock part number 1481 adapter and the pin kit is what you want (about 20 bucks)

-
Back