904 trans filter

-

lenky1

Reaction score
Who makes a good filter. Stopped at Napa yesterday and they said their system doesn't show any

You probably have to give them the Make and Model. For my 66, I have to tell them Valiant Barracuda.

Usually both gaskets come in the kit. The filter is the same on the 727 and the 904.

Who makes a good filter. Stopped at Napa yesterday and they said their system doesn't show any
Off the NAPA webpage. Their part number ATP 19716, and will come with both the 727 and the 904 Pan Gasket. Filter is the large dacron type and fits 904/727 from 1966 to 2003. There are only a couple of actual filter manufacturers. No matter whose package it's in it will come from one or the other company. I worked for a parts supplier once that had the contract to package transmission filter kits for GM. GM supplied the packaging, we supplied the filters and pan gaskets, putting them in GMS' packaging. The filters for the most part were from Seal Power.

Thank you all for the response. This is y I love being a member here

Thank you all for the response. This is y I love being a member here
I'm surprised they couldn't find it. McKay's NAPA is usually pretty good in Staunton, Gillespie, and Litchfield (the ones I frequent). Do they have young kids working at yours?

BTW: as mentioned by others it's the same filter as 727's. It's also the same for A500's and A518's in newer Dodge trucks up to about 2003

I used highland and never have a problem. But everyone was gone except the paint guy. Probly the reason.

-
Back