904 transmission

-

bdrut57

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if it will take some high horsepower. or should a person swap to a 727.

I would like to know if it will take some high horsepower. or should a person swap to a 727.

The 904 can be made with all factory parts and a good shift kit to withstand around 500 HP. With aftermarket hard parts, even more.

You have to get the right 904. The serial number must start with 34XX or higher.

where might be the serial number be located. and what aftermarkets parts will it need

my 904 is a 1974 with only 55 thousand miles on it what would it hold?

You can use any 904 you want to. they can ALL be upgraded. The A-500 has heave duty parts that readily exchange with the 904. The A-999 is the best 904 to start with, because you have ledd to do initially, but you can upgrade any of them to A-999 specs. Just takes time findin the parts. Here's a great site with awesome info:

https://www.wittrans.com/default.aspx

Open the A-518 in one window and the 904 in the other. Go down the list at how many part numbers are the same. Course, depending on your 904, you may not have the five disc direct drum or the four disc forward drum, but they fit right in any of them and on that site, they are horrifyingly cheap. lol

...............A 518 is made off the 727.................904 = A500

yeah I know....i meant a500...I make that mistake all the time. youd figger as many as I've built i'd get it right. LOL thanks.

-
Back