904 Transmission

-

Hemiroid

Reaction score
Hanging off the rear tail shaft housing of my 71 Demon is a large cast iron weight.
What is the purpose of this and what will happen if I remove it.

Thanks
Kenny

It's a vibration counter balance (kind of like a harmonic balancer) and I have removed them before with zero difference in anything.

No no that's not right. The first time you manually downshift into first at 65 mph, the tranny will completely lock up sending you into an irrecoverable spin. If you survive that without rolling over in the ditch, pick up all the broken pieces and call a tow-truck.After buying a new tranny, be sure to bolt that useless hunk of metal back on, and never try that again.....
If you threw yours away, I have several here I can sell you. $39.99 each plus shipping and handling. Shipping will cost a bunch tho, cuz I think this slug is about a hundert pounds. I can make you a deal on about 6 of them. 40% off.

......................LOL........................

Last edited:
No no that's not right. The first time you manually downshift into first at 65 mph, the tranny will completely lock up sending you into an irrecoverable spin. If you survive that without rolling over in the ditch, pick up all the broken pieces and call a tow-truck.After buying a new tranny, be sure to bolt that useless hunk of metal back on, and never try that again.....
If you threw yours away, I have several here I can sell you. $39.99 each plus shipping and handling. Shipping will cost a bunch tho, cuz I think this slug is about a hundert pounds. I can make you a deal on about 6 of them. 40% off.

Drugs or kidding, which is it?
I hope you are kidding. :D

Yeah, I have seen them big azz anchors back there and also the large harmonic disks on Imperials. Whatever turned Mopar on back then.....Probably just some sort of vibratio damper system. Ditch it.

Aw shucks TB, you're a sweet man.....
I did do drugs tho, this one time.
No wait two times.
Kidney stones 3mm and his big brother 5mm.But the 3mm one was like 7mm long, so it wasn't a stone at all. If you have never seen one, it's like a Chrystal with a million tiny pointy corners. and when it goes down the pipe from the kidney to the bladder, it's like hours of wishing you were dead, cuz it sure feels like a long slow painful death,and I just wanted it to be over.I tried to walk the second one off, now that I knew it wasn't going to kill me. But after 20/25 minutes, I woke up the Mrs. and 35 more minutes to the hospital. Then another 15 minutes waiting for a diagnoses at 4 in the morning, and about 2 minutes for the morphine to kick in. I might as well have stayed home, cuz by now it was over half way to the bladder
I got a bunch more where those came from......

Last edited:

......................LOL........................
:rofl:

Well ****!!!!!!!!
After Post #2 - I jacked up the car and removed it!
" Post #4 - I jacked up the car and put it back on!
" Post #7 - I jacked up the car and removed it again!! then sent AJ/Forms a nasty PM!!
I will tell you why I asked the original question. I was drag racing the car and on the third
pass the front universal cracked it shook the car to point were it weight broke off and bounced onto the track, it was hard to believe it never bounced up and hit the under side of the car.
Thanks for the info. and laughts.
AJ your on my ignore list.! LOL!!
Demon 015.JPG
thumbnail_IMG_0568.jpg

Kenny

Well ****!!!!!!!!
" Post #7 - I jacked up the car and removed it again!! then sent AJ/Forms a nasty PM!!
I will tell you why I asked the original question. I was drag racing the car and on the third
pass the front universal cracked it shook the car to point were it weight broke off and bounced onto the track, it was hard to believe it never bounced up and hit the under side of the car.
AJ your on my ignore list.! LOL!!

Better on the track than on the freeway in front of a bike gang. :D

Well ****!!!!!!!!
AJ your on my ignore list.! LOL!!View attachment 1714959555 View attachment 1714959556
Kenny
This one....is funnier than the original.lol

I got your PM
I love your car
offer is still open
get some for your friends!
All six for $85
That's like under $15 each!
Last chance
I will take them, PM sent again! but your still on my ignor list.
Kenny

Bowling for bikers, see how many will fall down. LOL!

I had one fall off of and old Chrysler I had just gotten and got running while I was out on the hiway.
It bounced up off the road and hit the bottom of the car and I thought the driveline went away till the car still responded and I saw the weight in the rear view bouncing down the road.
It was the first one I had ever seen and when I pulled over and went back to see what it was, I was like "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?"
I picked it up and put it in the trunk and then when I got back home I looked under the car and found where it had come from.
OMG, that was 45 years or more ago.

-
Back