906 heads

-

Gator77

Reaction score
What's a good price to pay for a set of untouched 906 heads that need rebuilding

I would say free to under $50 a set.
I have scrapped so many, people just don't want them these days with the new aluminum ones available that are a similar price to what it would cost to rebuild old cast iron ones, most people won't even think twice about buying aluminum vs originals............
If you lived near me, i would give you a set or two for free.

If they have the red springs with dampers I'd go about $200. Still good heads. But, I am not a fan of Aluminum heads. My cars go plenty fast on the street.

Well depends on what you are doing? I say if you only have money for cast heads, use cast heads. Aluminum heads are not all that cheap here in Canada. Eddy heads are quite costly. The offshore crap is just that cheap crap. The castings have been known to crack, the valve-train they install is junk and needs upgrading, so be careful what you buy. You can still find guys that can do a mild port and clean up on a cast head if you're not comfortable getting in there with a die grinder. And a good machine shop can do a multi angle valve job at a good price. Buy the correct spring for the cam you are using, and comp locks and retainers. Just my 2 cents.

The guy wants to trade value at 150 for set .I believe there only worth a 100.I don't know maybe im cheap.

Just for reference. I bought a complete 1968 383 big block with 727 trans for $500.00. I took it all apart, and it looked like someone tried to do a half assed refresh of the motor. I put the set of 906 heads and cast 4bbl intake under the bench.The block was std bore, i sold the crank rods and pistons for $200.00, the heads are clean, looks like the valves have been touched up etc? Do you know if those heads are cracked at all etc. They are going to need hardened exhaust seats to run on unleaded fuel .

Real simple. It depends on how bad you wan them. The more you want them, they more they are worth. See how easy that is?

-
Back