91 chevy lumina 3.1 ??

-

Dakota_Don

Reaction score
HI, a buddy of mine got this 91 chevy 3.1..
it wont start, we checked the fuel system, and had 40 psi at the valve on the rail, it also has spark, but if we spray carb cleaner in the TB it will start and run, so he changes the psi reg.. and same problem
so it seems there is fuel getting to the rail but not into the injectors. So it seems the injectors arent getting a signal and The only way to check the inj, or the circuit is to remove the intake plenum. But before i do this I have a few questions..
does the crank sensor control the inj as well as the ignition?
can it be the computer?
im not getting any codes..
thanks
Don

Sorry if this is in the wrong section..if needed remove it or relocate it..

thanks

I think the pressure is to low to start it. Not sure but it
my need 50 psi or more to start.
Maybe someone else on the board will know the correct psi.

does the crank sensor control the inj as well as the ignition?
can it be the computer?
im not getting any codes..
thanks
Don
thanks

1. Yes, and you have ignition.

2. Yes.

3. You probably won't get any codes if the computer is bad.

You have spark and when you spray fuel in the throttle body the car runs. That tells me that the only thing missing is fuel. Since you have fuel at the injector rail, the pump is working but the injectors are not injecting. 6 injectors are not going to fail as a group. The injectors get their signal to open and close from the computer and if they are not doing that the computer must be bad.

Have you checked the "inj" fuse to make sure it is good.
I have heard of a couple of bad coil packs on the module causing the injector fuse to blow.
There was also alot of bad ecm's on the early Lumina's. Check to see if the number on the ecm is 1227227. That was a problem also.

I think there is a module under the coils, and it could be your problem. Auto part stores can test them.

-
Back