94 Dakota 360 5 speed into Dart?

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey, someone is offering me a 94 dakota with a beefed up 360 (don't know what it has in engine yet) has f & b throttle body and mopar performance computer and headers (will these headers fit in a 68 dart? It has a 5 speed (not sure which one) after market wheels. All for 2k or less.

Would I be able to get the drive train into the dart? If I were to make it 5 speed, would I need to buy the pedals for an A body and what else?

Not sure what rear end it has I'll ask later.

Would this be a good idea? Or to much of a hassle?

I think the 5spd is the AX-15. I'm not to sure. I forget these things. It can fit. You will have to use a Hyd. clutch set up. A mechanical one is doable from what I remember, but it should be easy ethier way. (Easy being a realitive term)

I think the idea great and worth the hassle. But do your homework first before making any changes or proceeding with the swap. When your not up to par on such things, then it sucks big time.

Not sure on the headers

Why don't they have deals like this around here? LOL

FYI If its a 94, it will be a Magnum engine (assuming it has the original engine).

Steve

The AX-15 was behind v6's, if it's an orignal V8 truck it should be a NP3500. The 360 is not orignal to that year truck so you will have to look to verify.

The wheels will do you no good they are 6 lug.

The truck exhaust manifolds interfere with the steering columm on a-bodies so the headers likely won't work either.

The AX-15 was behind v6's, if it's an orignal V8 truck it should be a NP3500. The 360 is not orignal to that year truck so you will have to look to verify.

The wheels will do you no good they are 6 lug.

The truck exhaust manifolds interfere with the steering columm on a-bodies so the headers likely won't work either.

It was a 318 which should make the tranny a NV(NP) 3500

I've read two people with this transmission in an earlier mopar, one that sold on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970...a7bQQitemZ230447544955QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

and the other a guy from moparts putting one into a 77 Volare but thread ended in suspense, no ending to it.

I wonder if I'd be able to make the pedal, and everything else for the 5 speed to work with little modification.

The rest I would have to part out.

-
Back