9in axle length

-

RRandP92

Reaction score
Going to to cut down a 9in to go under my 69dart. Using the wheel and tire combo 325/50 on a 10.5 wheel with 4.77bs the total width of the rear end will be 50.5inches measured. Axle flange to axle flange is 50" the extra .5 will come from the .25 thick rotor hats. I will be using 2.81 Lamb/Symmetrical housing ends. With the correct mopar pinion offset(1.1875) i am coming up with 25.375 passenger and 23.5 driver axle lengths and 44.375 total housing width. Does this sound correct?

Attachments

• 0407161910.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 129
A 10.5" wheel? Is that from edge to edge or the actual bead?

I have a spreadsheet that will give a really good axle length to center a wheel in your tub. According to my sheet based on your wheel width and backspace numbers, the total width (with rotor hats) would need to be 51.75" to center the wheel.

Dr Diff has a calculator on his site for a 9" using mopar pinion offset. Based on your numbers 50" total axle width sans spacers, I came up with 45" for the housing.
The axle lengths you came up with are for a 45" total width 9" rear.

You might want to double check the bead width and total width of wheel. Get those number and I can re-run them.

Yes, it is a custom width wheel 10.5 inches bead to bead. It was the closest i could get to 15x10 with a 4.5bs. I measured between 50.5-51 inches total to keep tire out of the outer wheel tub. The inner tubs are sheet metal and flush against the stock rails. I keep coming up with the same axle measurements with the 2.81 wilwood brake gap. The chart would be nice to see. I have heard that a 325/50 fits well with a stock length rear end with a 15x10 7.5bs.

A billet spacer would not be out of the question if need be. Just want to be able to get the car down to a decent ride height. This is a picture with roughly 3/4 of an inch from frame rail to tire and from tire to outer tub at the quarter.

Attachments

• 0407161856.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 74
If you have it set with tires/wheel under the car, believe the tape and go from there. Tighten up on your measurements, 1/2' variation on that is a pretty big miss. If you are going to miss, miss on the short side. It's easier to put a space on than widen the wheel wells or car! :)

Dr Diff axle length calculator.
http://www.doctordiff.com/axle-calculator/

Change the brake gap length and punch in your tape length wheel mount face to face and run with it.

I got 44.88" using the 2.81 and 50.5 total width

SWEET CAR!!! Love the white with black stripe.

-
Back