A 1974 Duster - My 2nd one, 41 years later!

-
Higgs called this morning...we went out to the Denver gear-head swap meet. Met up with Dave (Jaws) and Brock (bvt69dart) there, had a good time chatting with both of these guys! Dave had a Mark Williams driveline that he was holding for me, so bought the driveline from Dave, thanks again Dave.

Any shows, swaps, Mopar stuff going on next weekend around Denver? I'm gonna be out there from Wednesday to Sunday.

SWEET wheel/tire combo btw.

^ Not sure 75slant6, you are welcome to stop by over here if you would like.

Tires back from mounting. Looks like Tuesday for the new 3rd member studs to arrive, then I can get 3rd member installed and axels installed and these new wheels installed. Car will turn back into a roller!

IMG_2863 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2865 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2864 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

3rd member stud kit scheduled for delivery today, with a little luck she'll be off the jack stands and back on all four tires/wheels tonight!

Well I got the studs in last night, and 3rd member in, axels installed this morning. So she officially is back as a roller on 2/17/16! First pic, wheels on still on jack stands.

IMG_2874 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

And back on the ground:

IMG_2875 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2876 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2878 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

I have about 1/2" of clearance on the inside and the outside.

I was on the phone this morning with Wayne at Brewers Performance Inc. Brewers Performance is sending their complete A-833 rebuild kit...they have already provided a tracking number! The rebuild kit with a tub or Transjel will be here on Tuesday 23rd. Time to work on the 4-speed.

Got to sanding and smoothing up the scoop. Made a template for hood placement, gonna punch some holes in my hood soon!

IMG_2892 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Scoop looks great, I have the same one on mine.
Are you going to do flat black on the hood?
If not they take alot of work to look good with shiny paint.

^ Thanks Guys. The plans for the hood and scoop are a satin black finish. Not flat, not gloss but an in-between satin finish. Then I may be wrapping the hood and scoop in a 4d black carbon fiber wrap. Stay tuned as I have not made that final decision about the wrap. Here is a pic of one of our Coilovers done in the carbon fiber wrap. I need to think on the wrap, certainly don't want a ricer look. What do you guys think?

IMG_2889 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2890 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Looks good Alex.when does it go for paint?

Thanks Jaws, I think so too! I wish I could say next week or next month. But I have made the decision to build the engine and get the car mechanically sound before it is painted. So, I'll rebuild the A-833, hang Trans, bell housing and driveshaft. Order rotating assembly from MRL Performance (hopefully in the next few weeks, saving $ now), take the block and parts to The Block Shop....and get to building the 408.

I am going to take the hood and scoop over to my paint guy next week to have him fix the small dent in the hood and paint them both in satin black.

bvt69dart, hollywood higgs, and 75slant6 (out this way from Kentucky) all stopped over this morning. Very nice to have 3 FABO guys here! We all chatted up some Mope talk and had a very nice time. Later on i cut the 4" holes in my hood for the scoop prep. Started cleaning up the underside too getting ready to shoot some primer to the underside.

IMG_2899 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

-
Back