A-518 Non Lock Up Pricing

-

MrFusion

Reaction score
I have a local guy interested in a non lock up A518 from a 2wd gas truck that I have. He wants it for a D-150 with a 727 in it that already has a higher stall converter. I know nothing about it other than that it was attached to a 360 LA roller engine and is supposedly out of a '90 or '91 truck "with around 100k on it". The output shaft turns and it seems to be in generally good condition. I took the pan off and didn't see anything that seemed unusual. I told him to consider it a core as I never saw it run.

I'm trying to figure out what it is worth. It seems most rebuilders charge $500 for a core charge. I'm not trying to hose the guy or get hosed. Let me know what you guys have seen and/or seems reasonable. If he passes on it I can list it in the classifieds here. Thanks!

I have a local guy interested in a non lock up A518 from a 2wd gas truck that I have. He wants it for a D-150 with a 727 in it that already has a higher stall converter. I know nothing about it other than that it was attached to a 360 LA roller engine and is supposedly out of a '90 or '91 truck "with around 100k on it". The output shaft turns and it seems to be in generally good condition. I took the pan off and didn't see anything that seemed unusual. I told him to consider it a core as I never saw it run.

I'm trying to figure out what it is worth. It seems most rebuilders charge $500 for a core charge. I'm not trying to hose the guy or get hosed. Let me know what you guys have seen and/or seems reasonable. If he passes on it I can list it in the classifieds here. Thanks!
$200 - $250.

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't sure if it being non-lock up would be more valuable since they are a little harder to come by.

I bought mine for $150 recently for a core. The guy owned a trans shop he recently sold. He pulled the pan and said if looked like a good trans but he couldn’t be sure so $150.00 I was out the door with it. I felt he was happy to sell it and I feel its a fair deal even if I have to rebuild it. I have lock-up with the 3 pin connector. Came with the torque converter as well.

E7A49EBB-F64D-4B72-8F12-7C1DEEA5FF26.jpeg

i just sold 1 for 200. 200-250 is about correct. they can use the reg 727 conv. i still have several l/u's so i parted with this one.

$150-$200 seems reasonable to me. I wouldn't go off what a rebuilder charges for a core charge. They're in the business to make money.

I have a lockup one that I gave $125 for without a converter about 5 years ago. I currently have a core 46 RE that I would like to swap even for another 518 lockup core. Cores around here are usually $200-250 range.

-
Back