A-833 4 speed linkage questions

-
I bought mine for $99 with the coupon but I did buy a nice shield for 35 or $45 don't use their piece of crap that it comes with. This is just for welding little brackets and things. Definitely not for welding something like a roll cage for safety. And if you purchase the cheap little 4 inch grinder with some Thin cutting wheels and some thick grinding wheels you can now grind cut and weld for well under $200. And don't forget some $2 safety glasses for god sakes and use them don't put them on your head or on a Shelf!
I just remember how many times I've been ignored by people/businesses when i have come to them with my business. I went to a transmission shop here in tulsa, OK to see if he could do that transmission swap for me. I walked into the place and the guy ignored me for the entire time. Perhaps he figured i didn't know what i was doing or didn't have the money. I ended up doing the swap myself, and I'm glad i did, i do it all myself these days. I apologize, im just not used to people actually taking me seriously. And really? They have a welder at harbor freight for less than 200? I'm about to go get one right now!

They have a welder at harbor freight for less than 200?
Some have had good luck with HF stuff. Then too some have not. One good thing is it can get you by and if it fails you're not out a significant dollar amount.
I've had their disc grinder switches overheat and the wheel lock button spring out on one. But you can buy three maybe four of them for the price of a DeWalt. Their spot welder tends to heat up quickly (at least the one I bought) draws more current than it was rated for.
Decide what you will be welding in the future. A quality item will last and be more salable if you need to down the road. Plan for it, save for it, then pull the trigger.
I started out with an AC/DC Airco before the HF items were around. Expensive to me at the time (late 70's) but it welds just as good today.

Ill have to check out harbor freight this weekend, see what they have. I have 220 in the garage, so i have a few different options as far as what i might get. A welder would help out tremendously on this project, there's a lot of things i could do. Thank you guys, ill do some research and see what would work best for me and my projects.

-
Back