A-833 shifter forks

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
hi all

i am building a 67 barracuda coupe. i am converting it from /6 three on the tree to 408 4 speed.

got a friend who is selling an A-833 OD tranny. its an aluminum case one out of a dodge aspen short tailshaft. he bought it years ago for a diferent project. never used it. we took off side cover so i could inspect the gears and synchros. everything looks great except the shifter forks are missing.

he said he removed them for some reason years ago. forgot why. he has several sets of shifter forks for the A-833 trannys. my question is simply are the forks going to be the same for the close ratio A-833 and the wide ratio A-833 OD. if so what are the part numbers of the forks, and are these numbers cast into the forks so i can identify them. also will the 1-2 fork swap with the 3-4 fork or are the forks location specific??

he also has 2 shifter tower mount aluminum brackets both are hurst. one is PN# 6348, the other one is PN# 195 0090. the #6348 looks more like the one i need but am not sure. anybody know which one would be correct.

thanks
matt

you need to get a hold of Passon Performance in Sugarloaf PA. They will have the info you are looking for. (I think the forks are the same but am not sure, hence the reference) www.passonperformance.com . {there guys now all there is about the 833}

-
Back