A-904 Shifting from 1st to REVERSE!

-
I just don't see the kickdown adjustment doing that or anything remotely close to it.
All it does is raise and lower the pressures, and this HAS to be a mechanical failure of some sort in my mind.
Something broke, or something cracked and is leaking fluid by, or both.

I forgot...it was leaking fluid from parts unknown.

Interesting mystery it is.

Ugh. Whatever it turns out to have been, please let us know…sounds like the shop might not have been quite familiar enough with the pre-'66 Torqueflites.

Ugh. Whatever it turns out to have been, please let us know…sounds like the shop might not have been quite familiar enough with the pre-'66 Torqueflites.

Could be, but they're a second generation shop and seemed to be well versed when I took it in.

Said they had done many of them and knew where to get the parts.

I guess time will tell.

Still not sure why, but here's the damage.

Can it be repaired with another sprag or should I be beating the bushes for another case?

Thanks for all the info.

b32db732-bde4-4e5a-a79f-89c4f825e576_zpshhg7jkug.jpg

Thanks, Cope says replacing the case is about the same money and he has a couple.

A and A also said to just replace the case. Getting quotes on price plus shipping now

Thanks again

The case won't need to be replaced if you use a bolt in sprag unless theres more damage to the case than that ridge being chipped off.

There is a needle bearing made for where the sprag did damage to the case at the back behind the rollers also.
It lays right over the spun out area.

The case won't need to be replaced if you use a bolt in sprag unless theres more damage to the case than that ridge being chipped off.

There is a needle bearing made for where the sprag did damage to the case at the back behind the rollers also.
It lays right over the spun out area.

Thanks

Not sure what to do now. Getting conflicting advice, but I'll sure pass that on to the trans shop and make sure there's no other damage to the case.

-
Back