A&A partial throttle kick down module??

-

AlV

Crabs in a barrel
Reaction score
Hi FABO,
I ran across this item and was hoping someone could explain how it works.

http://www.aandatrans.com/Products/727-3-2-Kick-Down-Module-(1966-69)__22740-32SI.aspx

"This allows your 1966-1969 727 TorqueFlite to have partial kickdown from 3rd to 2nd gear without depressing the accelerator pedal to the floor. It came on some 904 transmissions, but the supply has run out. Chrysler changed the entire valve body in 1971 and incorporated a similiar design, but the later model will not fit the early valve body. A&A recreated the design for the Pre-1970 TorqueFlites and have them available for you. This bolts directly on the valve body."

Thanks
-AlV

I reckon that pretty much sums it up.

Bob I agree that the description explains what the module does.

What I am wondering is how it works.... A little more context might help.

As I understand in pre 70's transmissions, it's spring force that manipulates the valve once governor pressure is decreased to engage downshifts, and throttle pressure is directed to the spring side to force downshift at WOT.
In the later transmissions there is a part throttle kickdown module that utilizes a plug to route Throttle Pressure to the spring side of the valve allowing Less than WOT throttle down shifts.

*What I'm wondering is if the passages (to route throttle pressure) already exist in the throttle body on pre 70's units for this module to work?

*What kind of modifications (if any) are needed on the vlave body for the passages to route the TP or to mount the module?

*Does it work exactly like the modules on later models?

*How Does the module determine when to route TP and how is it adjusted?

Please let me know if there is more information I could provide to help clarify my question.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks
AlV

-
Back