A big heart

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
Some of you may know that I recently purchased a house and got away from Elmira and it's rather small yard (I could mow the front and back in about five minutes, that included trimming and edging). Now I have five plus acres to call all my own, to do with what I please.

One of the priorities of moving was to take Sarah's plants with me.

I was able to take about three days this past week and plan out the rose garden and get all of Sarah's roses in the ground. Unfortunately, though, I lost two of them in the transplant.

But I'm pretty proud of this:

View attachment DSCN0370 (480x360).jpg

View attachment DSCN0371 (480x360).jpg

View attachment DSCN0372 (480x360).jpg

View attachment DSCN0373 (480x360).jpg

It measures 14' at the sides and 14' across. Just got the mulch in it yesterday. I have room for about ten more roses.

I loved growing these for Sarah and Sarah loved having the opportunity to go out in the garden and cut roses when she wanted to.

As they grow back, I expecting the green and color to really set out against the black background of the mulch.

That's pretty cool Robert. As for the rose bushes you lost, you might be surprised, they could come back.

Very nice, Robert.
If the plants you "lost" are seemingly dead, as long as the branches are still green under the skin, they'll grow back.
You'll most likely have to wait a year for all of them to stabilize and produce flowers until next year because when you move a plant it set's them back.
Keep the bugs off of them, and remember -- deer LOVE rose bushes, so spray that stinky **** on them.

Congratulations on the house, this was the first I'd read about it.

George

Very nicely dun Robert, x2 they may come back so keep them watered

Congrats on the new place and the new garden is very special, i bet Sarah would be proud of you!

Thanks for posting the pics. That's wonderful. It's gonna be a great garden over time as it matures. I know Sarah's loving it. You gotta keep up with it now, cause she'll definitely let you know to get your a$$ out there when it needs tending too. :D:D:D

What a great tribute to Sarah.......:angel1: I bet she's smilin' BIG !!

Congrats on the new spread too...very cool & please share more pics as the roses bloom :thumbrig:

Way to go Robert! Big Heart = Strong strong strong. Sara is so proud of you!
Looks very nice!

Darryl

Folks, I have to tell you, reading your replies has damned near reduced me to tears.

no lack of respect intended or implied Sir,

the 'other two rose bushes' died ...

--- the Trinity is the trinity ---

with Your grace and indulgence...

The World is a lesser place for Her Passing...
Heaven is a Greater place for Her addition...

not much to add, please forgive My halting verbiage ramenth...
I do not articulate very well...

This is what people are talking about when they say Sarah's gifts will live on...thanks for sharing Robert.

Very nice, Robert.
If the plants you "lost" are seemingly dead, as long as the branches are still green under the skin, they'll grow back.
You'll most likely have to wait a year for all of them to stabilize and produce flowers until next year because when you move a plant it set's them back.
Keep the bugs off of them, and remember -- deer LOVE rose bushes, so spray that stinky **** on them.

Congratulations on the house, this was the first I'd read about it.

George

George, you got it right on one of them.

I never gave up on 'em and one of the "lost" ones should green yesterday. It's now in the garden.

The other is still in the pot, with me patiently waiting to see if comes back, too.

Seems they like the new soil they're in, too. They're flourishing in the new garden.

George, you got it right on one of them.

I never gave up on 'em and one of the "lost" ones should green yesterday. It's now in the garden.

The other is still in the pot, with me patiently waiting to see if comes back, too.

Seems they like the new soil they're in, too. They're flourishing in the new garden.
Good deal, Robert. Roses are always fighting bugs, so buy a bug killer made for rose bushes, and spray it under the leaves. Also, like I said earlier, deer love the damned things so buy that stinky spray that keeps the animals away.

I'm sure the MRS would be so very proud of you, buddy. You're doin good.

God won't give you more than you can handle, so you must be one badass dude. Keep up the good work.

George

-
Back