A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
For the '75 Duster..... John And I were talking on the way home from the NC show / Missile crew induction about a street version of the wire car.....so I thought I would get started.

For the '75 Duster..... John And I were talking on the way home from the NC show / Missile crew induction about a street version of the wire car.....so I thought I would get started.

I didn't want to say anything, but now that the cats (sorry Scruff's) out of the bag so to speak, Dad said you were going to get some Duster fenders in Streetsboro and I thought maybe he's starting another car (still wish you would have bought mine). So the big question is how accurately are you going to go ? More than just a 75' with paint and stickers I assume, are going to do an spot on recreation with all the sneaky modifications?

I didn't want to say anything, but now that the cats (sorry Scruff's) out of the bag so to speak, Dad said you were going to get some Duster fenders in Streetsboro and I thought maybe he's starting another car (still wish you would have bought mine). So the big question is how accurately are you going to go ? More than just a 75' with paint and stickers I assume, are going to do an spot on recreation with all the sneaky modifications?

the Duster fenders were 2 for $50...just to have for pieces....they will come in handy for stretching wheel openings.

No sense in making an exact clone of the wire car when the "real deal" is immaculate.....just not very streetable.

A grille change and getting rid of the goofy bumpers make a 75 model a 73-74 like the real Wire car....My Cable car will be along the lines of my Duster....but a little more sinister and a bit more radical, not as factory....ish like the silver one....no A/C or pretty interior for starters. I will NOT be doing the super light chassis or the door post modification like the real wire car.

The goal is to create a body that I can easily put my Hemi / trans in when I want a new look. The Hemi / trans are the expensive part of my silver Duster....so I'll just borrow them for a season every now and then. Of course a small block or Wedge will bolt right in also.

100% of the mods I (with Mark B the fabricator) can accomplish. I always have the tutelage of my buddy Bout (Boutwell Restorations), who is only a couple of miles down the road ...so it is mostly MY labor.

In NW Ohio, rust free bodies are hard to come by....so I decided not to let this Texas by the way of Oklahoma Duster get away. Almost a shame how far I'm gonna tear it apart O:). Should turn out pretty good...I've done OK so far.

Unlike the silver car, this body minus motor / trans will eventually be FOR SALE..... just in case someone else needs their own Hemi / 4-speed double- throw down Duster.

I love building hot rods...it is a disease.

the Duster fenders were 2 for $50...just to have for pieces....they will come in handy for stretching wheel openings.

No sense in making an exact clone of the wire car when the "real deal" is immaculate.....just not very streetable.

A grille change and getting rid of the goofy bumpers make a 75 model a 73-74 like the real Wire car....My Cable car will be along the lines of my Duster....but a little more sinister and a bit more radical, not as factory....ish like the silver one....no A/C or pretty interior for starters.

The goal is to create a body that I can easily put my Hemi / trans in when I want a new look. The Hemi / trans are the expensive part of my silver Duster....so I'll just borrow it for a season every now and then. Of course a small block or Wedge will bolt right in also.

100% of the mods I (with Mark B the fabricator) can accomplish. I always have the tutelage of my buddy Bout (Boutwell Restorations), who is only a couple of miles down the road ...so it is mostly MY labor.

In NW Ohio, rust free bodies are hard to come by....so I decided not to let this Texas by the way of Oklahoma Duster get away. Almost a shame how far I'm gonna tear it apart O:). Should turn out pretty good...I've done OK so far.

Unlike the silver car, this body minus motor / trans will eventually be FOR SALE..... just in case someone else needs their own Hemi / 4-speed double- throw down Duster.

I love building hot rods...it is a disease.

cool stuff

I will be watching closely, can't wait to see pics of the new project.

I will NOT be doing the super light chassis or the door post modification like the real wire car.

Unlike the silver car, this body minus motor / trans will eventually be FOR SALE.....

I wasn't figuring on the chassis mod but I was hoping for the Door post mod.
Are you going to build a small block with motor plate like the wire car ?
So your already planning on selling it....that sounds like something HemiMark said about a black Demon....

No.....what I am saying the UNLIKE the silver car that will never be for sale as long as I'm breathing...this one might someday be available.

No motor plate.....IMO those are mostly for race cars.

No.....what I am saying the UNLIKE the silver car that will never be for sale as long as I'm breathing...this one might someday be available.

No motor plate.....IMO those are mostly for race cars.

Man, you guys can't keep a secret!

se·cret
/ˈsēkrit/
adjective: secret

not known or seen or not meant to be known or seen by others.

Good thing you boys never got the chance to talk to that hooker down on Mermaid Ave....
:???:

se·cret
/ˈsēkrit/

Good thing you boys never got the chance to talk to that hooker down on Mermaid Ave....

Brother, I CAN'T LAUGH ANY HARDER ;)

se·cret
/ˈsēkrit/

It's OMM's fault!

se·cret
/ˈsēkrit/

Do I want to know why you know a hooker on mermaid avenue?

-
Back