A-bodies with Sunroofs

-

adart4me

Reaction score
I have a 73 Dart Sport 340 with a sunroof, is there anyone else out there who has sunroof a-bodies. If so send a pic. Any one with a 72 Foldable fabrick moonroof Duster? My 73 is the same one they used in the "Convertriple" adds. It is red, white interior, white top with white stripes.
I only know of 2 other 73 Dusters and 1 other Dart Sport with H code's and Sunroofs.

i have a #'s matching 74 360 duster.red with white half vinyl top with cranking moon roof,a/c,cruise,electric defrost and space saver rear seat.also has the white stripes and white interior with high back buckets.i will try to get some pictures posted

I know where there is 72 Plymouth Scamp with a factory crank in sunroof, it is in a junk yard near me......should buy it. 2dr, 225 car, sharp car but very rough. I always thought one of those sun roofs would look good on my 70 Dart!

Back in the mid 80s, there was a 1972 340 Demon here. The kid drove it for a couple of years. It had the canvas top. It ended up in a local salvage, pretty much intact. The engine & trans was removed & it later ended up at the local metal scrap yard. I did go to the scrap yard to remove the third member, 3:55 SUREGRIP. I paid scrap value, $20.00. I always thought it had been a hack job, not factory. I was aware of the sunroof cars but not the canvas cars. Looking back, I was so involved with Drag Racing that I just thought of it for spare parts. It still had lots of good parts on it. Its was shredded! What a shame.

Sounds like a great car and if you could provide the fender tag info and a pic that would be great. I'm trying to keep track of all 1973 Duster340 and Dart Sport340 sunroof cars that are still in existence.

Not counting yours I have accounted for (3) Dart Sports and (7) Dusters so far. I'm sure there is a few more but not many left.

The 1972 canvas top sunroof A-body cars are very rare as that option wasn't real popular either. Strange thing also it cost twice as much as the manual crank sunroof option.

Here's some pics of my 1973 Duster340-4spd SpaceDuster :toothy7:

Duster front view #1.jpg

Duster front drive side#1.jpg

Duster exterior sunroof #1.jpg

Duster trunk open #1.jpg

Duster pass side interior #1.jpg

Duster pass front side #1.jpg

Duster engine new.jpg

I have a 1975 Dart Sport Convertriple sitting in my back yard.

It is a basket case rust bucket that I bought solely for the LBP front disc brakes and the small block/4-speed OD/8 1/4 rear that will all be removed as donor parts for my 71 Demon.

I may use the 3-speed wiper motor in place of the 2-speed wipers in the Demon as well. I may use a few more items... but then it will be off to the crusher!

I will most likely pull the interior upholstery and rebuild the seats for use later on.

The crank sunroof is there and completely intact.

MY340, I had that same car minus a few things. Same color combo. Mine was a 319/2bbl, 3 spd on the floor with buckets and moon roof with a fold down rear seat. No A/C that I can remember. P/S, P/B. The cars gone now. (RIP)

MY340

I was looking to buy a '73 Dart 340 Sport w/sunroof this summer but the dealer would not come down on price. I took some very detailed pictures, including one of the fender tag and VIN if you would like them. I can minimize the pictures and post or you could PM me with your e-mail and I can send you the full size pics. Let me know what you want to do.

TheDemonator said:
The crank sunroof is there and completely intact.
cut the top off or at least cut the sunroof out of it. the parts alone will be worth the time taken to remove them. you can sell them. people are always looking for parts to those things.

For crackedback and anyone else who is interested, here you go!

7demon2 was kind enough to translate the numbers for me when I was looking at this Dart. I recall that the VIN on the door was incorrect, as the door was replaced. I couldn't find the pic of the VIN on the dash, but I know that 7demon2 verified this as an original 340 car w/sunroof. Paint is not original. It appeared that the Dart was side swiped on the drivers side and the metal was not replaced but repaired with gobs of bondo. They were asking $7995 for the car and I was unwilling to go that high for a bondo bucket. The engine sounded good, and it did not smoke. The undercarrige and trunk was clean and showed no signs of rust or rust repair. The car also had lots of imperfections (cracks in grill, torn headliner, missing badges, wrong alternator bracket, I hate white cars, etc.) so I offered 4000 (try financing a muscle car!), he came back with 7995 (smart ***). I told him good luck. Car sat for 6 months and then was gone with a bunch of other cars that were there. In a direct contradiction to Barrett Jackson, a car to me is worth what I'll pay for it, no more.

I can provide full size pics if anyone needs them.

P5310227.JPG

P5310230.JPG

P5310232.JPG

P5310234.JPG

P5310235.JPG

i remember this car. i wonder what happened to it? it could have been fixed. i hope it didn't go to the crusher. too bad he wouldn't deal on the price. $7995 was too much for it as it was imo.

7demon2 said:
i remember this car. i wonder what happened to it? it could have been fixed. i hope it didn't go to the crusher. too bad he wouldn't deal on the price. $7995 was too much for it as it was imo.

I'm hoping that a rebuilder bought the lot of them and gave them some TLC. There was a Gold Duster and Scamp their too as I recall, and they all dissapeared at the same time. I really did want that car and I would have done it right. :sad:

right i remember the scamp as well. all in all nice cars. i hope you are right....

I have a 73 dart sport 318 4 speed, 83/4, buckets, black with white stripes, console and hood scoop.

has anyone found parts for these sunroofs? gaskets/seals cables etc. I had to buy a 75 cordoba just for the moonroof!

here is my #matching 1974 3604bbl duster.equipped with a/c,cruise,electric defrost rear window,spacesaver rear seat,map light,console automatic.fun car in the summertime.wonder how many had these options.would like to sell the car.but i got married in it 1 1/2 years ago.my wife says no.I would rather have a 64-67 B body in same condition preferably w/rb motor or no motor at all.but she thinks since we were married in it we should keep it forever.i am 25 and have several other abodies. :blah5:

Picture 372.jpg

Picture 374.jpg

Picture 373.jpg

Picture 374.jpg

Picture 375.jpg

74360duster said:
here is my #matching 1974 3604bbl duster.equipped with a/c,cruise,electric defrost rear window,spacesaver rear seat,map light,console automatic.fun car in the summertime.wonder how many had these options.would like to sell the car.but i got married in it 1 1/2 years ago.my wife says no.I would rather have a 64-67 B body in same condition preferably w/rb motor or no motor at all.but she thinks since we were married in it we should keep it forever.i am 25 and have several other abodies. :blah5:
you don't want to sell that car! it would haunt you the rest of your life if you did. it has to be pretty rare..........

That is one sharp looking car! I have a 74 Duster with a 360 in Red also with black inteior, stripes and hood scope, but no sunroof.

thanks.i enjoy the car.it is fun.i now have twins 7 month girls.i think the b body would have alittle more room for everyone on cruise nights. but it is also dang nice to have cold a/c and cruise control.and the moonroof for the nights me and my wife used to have under the stars!!ha ha ha \\:D/ \\:D/

-
Back