A body 11'' disk brakes

-

A56

Lions led by Lambs
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Inquiring minds want to know. Got into a discussion today with someone who said all A body mopars that came with front disk brakes and 4'' bolt circle had 11'' rotors. I thought they were all 10'' rotors.

65-72 A body cars with the 4 inch bolt circle, Kelsey Hayes disc brakes, had a rotor diameter of 11" inches.
I would know, as i rebuild lots of these disc brake systems.

[FOR SALE] - **REBUILT** Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes From The 65-72 A Body Line Of Cars.
Thanks, I found these being sold by Rick Rehrenberg from Mopar Action on ebay

OEM 10"Brake Rotorfor 1965-'72 Mopar A-body
Made by the original Chrysler suppler.
Front disc brake rotor for all 1965-1972 Chrysler A-body cars, incl.:
1965-'72 Dodge Dart, Demon, Sport, Swinger, GT, GTS1965-'69 Plymouth Barracuda, 'Cuda, Formula S1965-'72 Plymouth Valiant, Duster, Scamp, V100, V200, Signet
CORRECT 4-inch bolt circle, (5 lug), for the above cars

65-72 A body cars with the 4 inch bolt circle, Kelsey Hayes disc brakes, had a rotor diameter of 11" inches.

[FOR SALE] - **REBUILT** Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes From The 65-72 A Body Line Of Cars.

That's a copy and paste

I think they made a typo in the ad. Or they were thinking about the drum brake diameter. The Kelsey-Hayes discs are 11.04 x 13/16in, to be precise. I was just working on a set in my carport ten minutes ago.

I think they made a typo in the ad. Or they were thinking about the drum brake diameter. The Kelsey-Hayes discs are 11.04 x 13/16in, to be precise. I was just working on a set in my carport ten minutes ago.
LOL, thank you for that, I was thinking the same thing after hemi71x posted. I know he has some cool stuff for sale that he rebuilds.

The 73-76 A body rotors are usually advertised as 10.87” or 10.95” depending on your source. So they get referred to as 10” disks sometimes. For extra confusion there’s also the 11.75” rotors that can be used on the 73+ spindles which sometimes get called 11” disks. Neither are really 10” or 11” disks, but people shorten up the specs and that can create issues.

The 73-76 A body rotors are usually advertised as 10.87” or 10.95” depending on your source. So they get referred to as 10” disks sometimes. For extra confusion there’s also the 11.75” rotors that can be used on the 73+ spindles which sometimes get called 11” disks. Neither are really 10” or 11” disks, but people shorten up the specs and that can create issues.
Thank you, I ordered the correct rotors for my '69, now to the lower control arms.

-
Back