Status
Not open for further replies.

aarong5

Aaron Grimes
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
bought a 72 dart swinger for parts, and was planning on putting this rear end in my barracuda but, I wanted 3.55 gears and figured I'd be another $500 to get it in plus, I need new tires for the front of the cuda, and my diesel work van broke down last week (mechanic is charging $70 an hour and had to take the motor apart) so I am gonna sell it if the price is right,

like in the title says, its a A body 8 3/4 with a 741 center section 2.96 gears and small bolt pattern axles, its all taken apart but could be put together easily I'm told (not the best with any job larger than spark plugs or starters ect.) I'm asking $600 O.B.O. and can deliver within a few hundred miles for a fee if we can work around my work schedule. if anyone wants to buy easy to remove parts off a 72 dart swinger (I don't have time for larger projects) I can bring them with me when I deliver rear end. (should have my van back tomorrow or the next. if you have any questions feel free to ask and I hope I have not rambled too much. ha

open rear end (non sure grip) and the drums are included as pictured, just forgot to mention in the posting.

Price is negotiable, and I won't screw anyone on delivery cost either, although I would like to keep it under 200-300 miles round trip from London ky

If I can't get $500 I'll just keep it till I can put it in but yeah ill take $500 if anyone wants it

Man if were @ least 3.23's 500 would be ok. Does that include all brake hardwere? oh & im in lincoln nebraska, wish ya were closer man.

I took my dirty one to the Mopar Nationals and marked it $575 trying to get $500. Unfortunately there were about 10 others there for $500 also. I brought it home. $500 is probably the high retail rate for a dirty one right now. What's left of your Dart body? I'm always looking for cheap parts cars although KY is a pretty long haul.

$500 sounds like a good deal to me for a complete rear axle with brakes-even if it is a less than desirable ratio. I seem to recall a set of 741 3.23s in one of these ads...

i pick up a all complete drum to drum 65 b-body 8 3/4 for 100 bucks with 2.96 gears. good luck with 500

i pick up a all complete drum to drum 65 b-body 8 3/4 for 100 bucks with 2.96 gears. good luck with 500

We are talking about A BODY 8 3/4 rears here. The B body rear is much more common and cheaper. Top high price on a 65 B body rear is about $225-250, so yes you got a good deal but you're talking apples and oranges.

What you did would be like interrupting a discussion forum on the price of HEMI blocks to say that you got a good price on a 383!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back