Status
Not open for further replies.

DusterDrew

74 Duster
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello, sorry I’m new to this but I am looking for an A body 8 3/4 rear end to put in my 74 Duster. Preferably with a third member, axles and brakes but just the housing will do. Seems almost impossible to find out here so figured I’d post on here. I’m located in Phoenix, AZ.

i have 2 extra 8 3/4 housings and 1 3rd member with axles. i need to know what the measurements from pin on leaf springs to other set of leaf springs to make sure they will work and i live in phoenix

If you are new to this, keep in mind that the A Body 8 3/4 will all have small bolt pattern unless someone up graded the axles. You car is more then likely large bolt pattern and you need to be aware of the differences. The A Body 8 3/4 will bolt right in your car but your wheels may not bolt up.

You may want to look for a b Body 8 3/4 with large bolt pattern and move spring perches in to A Body width. I have put several B Body 8 3/4 in Dusters as they have enough wheel opening you can do it very easy. Some A body cars you can not put B Body 8 3/4 in because of wheel openings.

I was able to put a b body in my 65 a body Plymouth barracuda fastback without moving spring plate perches and went from small bolt pattern 7 1/4 to 8 3/4 rear differential

i have an 8 3/4 A body housing
spring perches are 43 inches center to center
52 inches overall

If you are new to this, keep in mind that the A Body 8 3/4 will all have small bolt pattern unless someone up graded the axles. You car is more then likely large bolt pattern and you need to be aware of the differences. The A Body 8 3/4 will bolt right in your car but your wheels may not bolt up.

You may want to look for a b Body 8 3/4 with large bolt pattern and move spring perches in to A Body width. I have put several B Body 8 3/4 in Dusters as they have enough wheel opening you can do it very easy. Some A body cars you can not put B Body 8 3/4 in because of wheel openings.

My Duster is small bolt pattern and drums all the way around. It was originally a slant six. I know it’s odd because a lot of them had the big bolt pattern in 74.

If you find a housing I have small bolt axles and 10x2" brake assembly including braking plates for sale

My Duster is small bolt pattern and drums all the way around. It was originally a slant six. I know it’s odd because a lot of them had the big bolt pattern in 74.
I have a complete 8 3/4 rear end set up with small bolt pattern for sale, if you are still looking for a set up. Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back