A Body back seat removal..

-

JoeSBP

RLTW!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I have always cringed at the thought of removing the back seat. My first go was on a '72 Valiant more door. She fought me for hours but I finally won using and open end wrench on the wire frames "foot" and wedging a scrap of wood in behind the front seat. I sat on the seat for the "down" applied rearward pressure with the wood/wrench for the "back" then a split second before my L4/L5 was going to give out, I yanked "up". I have pulled a few out since then, and always followed the back breaking advice of the old timers "push down, back, then up, comes right out". Yea, my *** it does! I always looked forward to getting older. Financial security, slowing down and enjoying things, gaining this mystical "old man strength" of fiddy men y'all seem to have!!

Well today I pulled the back seat out of my '69. I drank water all day. Waited until it cooled off outside. Did some grass drills and wind sprints to warm up. Drank some pre-workout.. I was ready.

ITS GO TIME!!

My little heart deflated like a week old Mylar balloon when I realized the PO used a very thick carpet and plenty of soundproofing during the install. I couldn't even get my finger tips under it. I decided to remove the plastic seat belt buckle keepers to avoid destroying them. Then I just looked at the back seat and let out a long sigh. The seat looked and me and let out its own long sigh. I grabbed the back edge of the seat to see if I could tuck the lap belts back there to clean up the battle arena a bit...and to my surprise, the seat shifted...it flinched, its eyes nervously shifted side to side looking for an exit. I pulled up, and it lifted, tail between its legs, it rolled straight forward. I simply unhooked the now fully visible frame from the hooks on the pan, and out it came.

My heart was pounding from the sudden and unexpected victory! Or maybe the anhydrous caffeine in my preworkout, but regardless, I had won!!!

So now I'm on the inside of what is clearly a very widespread inside joke among the A Body community..

Down, Back, Up, and she comes right out indeed..

Understand completely . Age , small work area ,arthritis, sore shoulders, dark. YEAH !!!
Yote

Humans 1
Stupid weaner back seat 0 (well, probably about 2,000, but we're not counting those)

-
Back