a-body/c-body

-

75-Swinger

Reaction score
Okay, this is a silly question but I'll ask it any way. I want to upgrade my daughter's '75 Swinger from the 9" drums (/6 car). Was going to do the disk brake swap but started to think (dangerous) that I am about to do the same thing to my '69 300 convert and will be taking an 11" drum setup off my c-body. It occured to me that an 11" drum setup would haul a Swinger down pretty fast. What if anything would swap off the front end or the rear end from a '69 c-dody to a '75 a-body or would the disk simply be a better way to go. Last part is that whatever I do to the front end, don't I need to upgrade the rear as well? Thanks

Search disc brake swap or upgrade drum brakes and you,ll find pages of info on this on this site

The advantage to disc brakes is more a straight line stop than it is braking power. Larger drum brakes seems a lot of work for little improvement.

Can't put the C body drum brakes on an A. I wouldn't try.

For around $250-350 you can get a disc brake conversion using all the factory A body parts. Much safer. I have a complete set up, sans the big ball joint upper control arms, which your car already has.

No real need to upgrade the rears.

This was just a thought that I will be stripping off the drum set up off the 300 and thought I could save some $$ by re-using them on the Swinger. I have looked on the site to see if there was mention of c-body interchange but all I really see is the discussion on b-body/e-body spindles.

If you can point me to the other threads than I will read them. I was just begining think that disk may be overkill for a 225/6. If those big drums stopped my '69 300 with a 440 I just assumed that they would stop the little Dart!

$250 - $350 isn't that bad. The Just Suspension kit I think was more like $1500. Where would I find the kit in that price range?

if you decide to sell the drum setup from the chrysler let me know, i think i can make it work on the early straight axle i have..(depending on how much you want for it..
thanks, doug

lots of projects and trying to control cost and wish list. I have a '69 T&C that I have already put the SSBC front kit on (to get rid of the two piece rotor) and have the rear that will go on either the 300 or the T&C. The kit I bought (front and back) was to go on the 300 but I really want 13" rotors up front on the 300. The 300 may get a Ford 9" rearend so possibly I may have parts from 2 c-bodys. That is why I was asking if any of this would work for the Swinger.

Make me an offer, but this may not happen for a while. I already flip back and forth between the 300 and the T&C, now toss the daughter's Swinger into the mix and I am up to my a$$ in parts. A-bodys' are new to me, so I am a bit lost.

You can put c body drums on the back if you have a 8 3/4 rear, My cuda has 11x2 1/2 on the back from a station wagon. I used 74 a body discs in the front with cap ucl's. Works great...stops straight and quick!!

As Richard Ehrenberg has pointed out, the 73-76 A Body disc spindle is dimensionally the same as the 62 - 72 B Body drum brake spindle. Since that's the case, the B Body 10 or 11 in drums would fit if you used the B Spindle. Quite awhile ago I swapped some C Body 11 inch drums/backing plates, etc onto a 66 Belvedere with 10 inch drums. Find a B Body person swapping to discs and they'd probably give you the spindles. Of course then you'd also need the 73-76 disc UCA with the larger ball joint. For all the work needed to do this swap, I'd just go with the 73-76 A Body discs

im in the prosess of the disc in the front . i bought a kit off e-bay it bolts right in . i found rear springs for 150 for a new set . and you shouldnt need to change the front if they are torchen rods . you can just ajuest them . but ill have a working 225 slant for sale soon . droping a 460 in this bad girl.

lots of projects and trying to control cost and wish list. I have a '69 T&C that I have already put the SSBC front kit on (to get rid of the two piece rotor) and have the rear that will go on either the 300 or the T&C. The kit I bought (front and back) was to go on the 300 but I really want 13" rotors up front on the 300. The 300 may get a Ford 9" rearend so possibly I may have parts from 2 c-bodys. That is why I was asking if any of this would work for the Swinger.

Make me an offer, but this may not happen for a while. I already flip back and forth between the 300 and the T&C, now toss the daughter's Swinger into the mix and I am up to my a$$ in parts. A-bodys' are new to me, so I am a bit lost.
well i dont know what its worth or what your looking to get out of it but im looking for cheap(as always) so i would need to know what shipping would be also before i could give you an offer.. i am in reno nv 89506.. where are you?
thanks

-
Back