A body disc brake question???

-

cudapower68

Reaction score
I have a set of 69 disc brakes for an A body. It had the 4 piston calipers on them that are gone. Does anyone know of a newer style conventional caliper that will fit on these hub mounts? Thanks

I am not aware of any but maybe somebody else will chime in. Just in case you don't know you can still get rebuilt 4 piston calipers for your car from parts stores, Rock Auto, etc.

I am not aware of any but maybe somebody else will chime in. Just in case you don't know you can still get rebuilt 4 piston calipers for your car from parts stores, Rock Auto, etc.
I didn't know Rock auto sold rebuilt calipers. Or any one for that fact. That is good to know, and the prices aren't bad even without cores.

I did not know that, I thought 4 pistons were long gone. I looked them up at Rock Auto and they have a good choice and decent prices. Thanks a lot for that info !

I have a set of 69 disc brakes for an A body. It had the 4 piston calipers on them that are gone. Does anyone know of a newer style conventional caliper that will fit on these hub mounts? Thanks

Nope.
Totally different designed brake systems, between 4 piston, and single piston calipers.

Nope.
Totally different designed brake systems, between 4 piston, and single piston calipers.

hemi71x: Is it true you can also use the old Mustang KH calipers on the Mopar A bodies even though the plumbing is a little different? I recall seeing some new ones that some company was producing awhile ago.

hemi71x: Is it true you can also use the old Mustang KH calipers on the Mopar A bodies even though the plumbing is a little different? I recall seeing some new ones that some company was producing awhile ago.

Yep, that can be done.
Ford, and Mopar use different flex hose, and hard line brake hose mounting on the calipers, as that's the only difference.
To use a Ford Mustang caliper, you just use a Ford Mustang rubber flex hose.

-
Back