A body door lock ferrules

-

tom340

Reaction score
I'm on my second set of clear plastic ferrules advertised to fit the 67-72 A bodys. Are the stainless ferrules for the "73-76 A body" the same diameter as the cheapo clear plastic repops, or do they not fit.

If the clear plastic ones only cost a buck or two, I wouldnt care but damn $15.00 a pair for that crap, c'mon. I would rather put the "incorrect" part in just to drive the purist nuts :)

I'm using the metal ones available online everywhere that has the felt center. Mine were long gone and I wanted something that didn't rattle. Since I was not worried about originality, they work great. You just have to get you hand in the door to bend the tabs to hold it in place tight. I also used a set of chrome locks. They are a little longer than the originals, but once they are tightened all the way down, they look pretty good. I say go for the metal ones!

wheelinstall2.jpg

I ordered the metal ones like described above from Year One.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Rob when you say available everywhere do you remember from whom? I keep coming up with Vans and Dantes

I found them on Year Ones website. Looks like p/n FW179. Measuring the hole opening for the lock it appears to be about 9/16"

I bought some generic metal ones at the parts store. They sold them in the "help" section. I also bought the lock knobs there. I had to buy two packages of the knobs though, as they had two styles of knobs in one package (one had a hex shaped top - Ford style). I used them on my '68 B'cuda. I also installed the ferrules from the top. I have a 'hook' tool that I stuck in the hole and bent the tabs, no need to go underneath.
Dallas

Anyone found ferrules for a 65 cuda? I am having a real hard time locating them. Please PM if you know.

I used ferrules and lock knobs from my 69 Satellite for my 65 Valiant. Worked great.

I'm on my second set of clear plastic ferrules advertised to fit the 67-72 A bodys. Are the stainless ferrules for the "73-76 A body" the same diameter as the cheapo clear plastic repops, or do they not fit.

If the clear plastic ones only cost a buck or two, I wouldnt care but damn $15.00 a pair for that crap, c'mon. I would rather put the "incorrect" part in just to drive the purist nuts :)

Is the plastic disintegrating and crumbling apart?

Or do they not fit right and the I.D. or O.D. is wrong?

Whoever can use it. Check out the website and see what they've got.

I am finding lots of subtle differences between the 64-66 a bodies and the 67 on.....that is why i was trying to clarify. For instance B body ferrules for 65 do not work on a body

-
Back