A Body glove box - newly made

-

jwicker

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a new manufactured glove box? I am testing with 3D printing and have a connection who could vaccum form them from black ABS.

I'd be happy to get a batch of people would be interested in buying them.

I heard apipco is not around any longer and I'm not easily finding any that aren't made of the old junk.

IMG20230723135118.jpg

How many different part numbers are there for years and models? Not cheap.

1690235178466.png

Something that is available today is 3D printed molds.

Depending on what you are molding can be way cheaper.

I have even heard of 3D printed cast iron molds, the can be disolved away after.

these you mean? prototype all done except for the cutting out Jig stage. My 3d printed ones just didn't hold up to the road too well even when I had them done by Xometry. molded ABS works much better for me I've seen some 63's that was put in form the backside and outstide the metal lip for some reason but they had clips to hold the screws in like a speaker

120.jpg

126.jpg

127.jpg

123.jpg

I would be interested in a glovebox for my 67 A-body made of something better than OEM pasteboard.

I would love one for an early A. Specifically a 64 Valiant.

these you mean? prototype all done except for the cutting out Jig stage. My 3d printed ones just didn't hold up to the road too well even when I had them done by Xometry. molded ABS works much better for me I've seen some 63's that was put in form the backside and outstide the metal lip for some reason but they had clips to hold the screws in like a speaker

View attachment 1716119943

View attachment 1716119944

View attachment 1716119945

View attachment 1716119942
I would be interested in a glovebox for my 67 A-body made of something better than OEM pasteboard.
I would love one for an early A. Specifically a 64 Valiant.
A one off would cost $500 or more?

I do need 2 of theses myself for my 66's and have got the glovebox almost down pat and able to make them with no webbing. but getting that sharp crease on the outer edge in there isn't as easy as I though it would be and need a good "push block" for my machine, the Cutting out jig is my main problem. I suck at cutting a straight line by hand.

Way to steal the OPs thunder :rofl:

Great minds think alike!
didn't do it on purpose ,just letting him know 3d printing doesn't work that well with thin walled plastic and it's already in the prototype stage. I'm out of here, sorry to piss ya off.

A one off would cost $500 or more?
Maybe today but in time I think a.i. will bring us to the point where we only need to snap several pictures of any Item and load those into the 3D printer.

Final glove box for my 1964 dodge dart is now available on THANGS - DODGE PLYMOUTH CHRYSLER - A BODY GLOVE BOX - 3D model by joshuamwicker on Thangs

If you'd like one printed and mailed to you, let me know. Some assembly is required because the part is too large for one print.
I looked at it, Looks great. May take forever to print though. AND it looks to be mounted from the inside with those edge supports on there. instead of the 64-6 outside setup that I have seen on all my 64,5 and 6's. (haven't owned a 63 since forever so I can't remember if they went inside from the back also)

I looked at it, Looks great. May take forever to print though. AND it looks to be mounted from the inside with those edge supports on there. instead of the 64-6 outside setup that I have seen on all my 64,5 and 6's. (haven't owned a 63 since forever so I can't remember if they went inside from the back also)
It drops on from the front. Holes need drilled for screw alignment. Takes about 10 hours per half on a fairly large nozzle, but is pretty beefy.

-
Back