A body Header Question

-

1969340dart

Reaction score
Are headers for a 66 dart the same as for a 67 dart.I found some fenderwell headers from a 66 and was needing to know If thay will fit my 67.

Thanks

Bobby

I am not sure but I think they are different, I have Hooker Super Comps fender wall headers for my 1966 Valiant. I thought I remember seeing 2 different part numbers for them in the catalog at the time. I bought mine used and the guy said they were for 63-66 A-body cars.

The headers for 63 - 66, are for narrow A body's, and 67 -76 are almost all the same. Some companys did make a change for spool mounts.
I don't think they will swap, from 66 to 67.

im gunna say no aswell but if you told someone here what they were.. like a number im sure someone will know what or what not they can go on or into!

63-66 A bodies are not the same as post 67. Look under the hood and you will see a huge dhifferance in shock location, placement of the fenderwells etc. The only decent headers as of late are from TTI. Yes are a lot of $$$, but I did the fenderwells years ago, they suck!

Tires rub, most pipes are made cheaply and they leak too :coffee2:

Also depending on the engine! If it was a 318 car, the ol' poly had wider heads and soaked up alot more room. It didn't get the smaller heads till '67, so that could contribute to different part numbers as well.

MR. BIG BLOCK said:
Also depending on the engine! If it was a 318 car, the ol' poly had wider heads and soaked up alot more room. It didn't get the smaller heads till '67, so that could contribute to different part numbers as well.

no poly in the early 63-66 a body. The 273 came into the pic in 64. The headers are probably not wide enough to make it into the fenderwells. But headers are quite readily available for the 67 and up. And they range from $100 and up for brand new ones. Unlike the early ones. You can probably sell them and buy new ones for your car that would fit.

Thanks guys! I am installing a 340 in a 67 Dart Gasser project and am going with fenderwell headers. Someone offered me a set that came off there 66 Dart and I was wondering if they would fit a 67.Guess I will buy a new set If I don't find a good set of used ones!

Thanks

Bobby

no poly in the early 63-66 a body

Thanks 64dartwagon, I was wrong and now see why. I had a '66 Coronet 500 as my first car, with the 318 poly. A kid up the street was selling his totally thrashed '66 Barracuda that had a poly 318 four barrel and a four speed. I did not buy it, but it never occured to me that it was not stock. A little on line investigation proves 64dartwagon right. Sorry for the bad 411. Like to have that Barracuda now, though.

-
Back