a body headers

-
I'm too lazy to find it but, I seem to remember thinking these were a great idea, too... Until I read more. IIRC the driver's side is no trouble at all, it's the passenger side that sucks with these,they drop right at the K-frame and require a very tight bend to get by it. Yes, they will bolt right on...then you will need a wizard to magically bend the right side pipe.
Do your homework before you buy!:bootysha:

wish I had been a member 3 years ago and seen a thread like this LOL .. I have hookers on my Dart.. the passenger side was a breeze to install.. the drivers side.. well.. NOT SO MUCH!! what a job. the instructions tell you that you might have to 'loosen' the steering box LMAO.. yeah ok.. actually had to take it out, BUT then found out that if you put the header in you cant get the steering box back in.. grrrr.. so you have to do this wild, slide them in at the same time kind of thing, that required an extra set of hands.. then theres that ground clearance issue on the drivers side.. yeah.. they are LOW.. and mine have shook hands with the pavement a few times.. LMAO .. I had /6 torsion bars in the car though.. upgraded to V8 bars, so this summer we shall see if there is any noticeable differance.. it would be nice to not have to slow down to a crawl when approaching any bump or dip in the road out of fear of that awful bang when the header hits the ground.. which tends to get annoying when buzzing down the interstate and I see an overpass coming LOL .. someday I will check into better headers.. For the price though the Hookers have done their job..

I had hedman shorty headers called tight tube's on mine worked great.but now have doug's

Attachments

• 100_3586.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_3588.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 007.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 185
On a 71 Scamp with quick ratio manual steering, will the Dougs clear? everywhere I look, if you have the quick ratio nothing works?

thanks for all answers, but dougs headers technical support wrote like this to me when i ask this question

answer:Sorry we don’t offer header for the 74 darts. The 72’s have a different chassis then the 74’s. Slight change but enough the headers will not fit.

I have flaming river 16:1 steering box in my 74 swinger but i don't believe that's a big problem. 67-72 and 73-76 darts, whats the difference between chassis, is that older body wider (frame rails) or what?Maybe i try those dougs headers... or maybe i purchase tti:s

thanks for all answers, but dougs headers technical support wrote like this to me when i ask this question

answer:Sorry we don’t offer header for the 74 darts. The 72’s have a different chassis then the 74’s. Slight change but enough the headers will not fit.

I have flaming river 16:1 steering box in my 74 swinger but i don't believe that's a big problem. 67-72 and 73-76 darts, whats the difference between chassis, is that older body wider (frame rails) or what?Maybe i try those dougs headers... or maybe i purchase tti:s

Different chassis.... no.

The K frame went to spool mounts and the draglink/pitman/idler changed.

Here's a thread with pics of a car with all that stuff on it. Keith9291's stuff
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=48531&page=2&highlight=dougs

I know of at least 2 73-76 dusters running them and more early cars with the spool mount later steering gear running them too..

The steering or pitman they run on the FR box may be an issue with any of the headers.

thanks again, i believe you and your information, i purchase and go with those dougs headers. Good that somebody knows here in FABO
Thank you.:thumrigh:
That steering box is small like original manual steering box and pitman and idler arms are almost like dusters and 70-72 darts.Almost.....

-
Back