A-Body Holy Grail???

-
THE "Holy Grail" of A-bodies?
That'd have to be the original "mule car", '67 Hemi 'cuda that Mopar used to develop the '68 S/S package. I was lucky enough to see it up close when it was in the McGroder collection. Very interesting some of the "revolutionary" parts they used (like a wood blocker"spacer" to move the master cylinder.
It'd have to be THAT or the original S&M '68 Cuda as it was, I believe, the no. 2 car off the Hurst assembly line......

THE "Holy Grail" of A-bodies?
That'd have to be the original "mule car", '67 Hemi 'cuda that Mopar used to develop the '68 S/S package. I was lucky enough to see it up close when it was in the McGroder collection. Very interesting some of the "revolutionary" parts they used (like a wood blocker"spacer" to move the master cylinder.
It'd have to be THAT or the original S&M '68 Cuda as it was, I believe, the no. 2 car off the Hurst assembly line......

Now we are talking! On the tribute mule car why is it painted yellow when it was white in the day? And where is Mr Norms 67 Dart GTS car? The first 273 4 Barrel 65 Dart? And where are those rare race a bodies, Mancini's Hemi Dart he rolled? Any of Carlton's A Bodies? What the heck happened to those Valiants that were at Daytona with the hyper paks!

Now we are talking! On the tribute mule car why is it painted yellow when it was white in the day?

No, it was yellow. The story I got was, back in the day Mopar was much more concerned with NASCAR than their drag program, so the drag racing division got the leftovers from some NASCAR projects. Part of that went even as far as paint, so that's why you see the weird pale yellow on the car & if you look at later photos of the car, the phrase "Nobody cares" on the back of the car.
That indifference seems to have carried on, as if you look at the "1320" concept Challenger, there's some politically incorrect phrasing on that car too...

So is this the "mule" or just painted simular?

Attachments

• MulePlymouth.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 271
So is this the "mule" or just painted simular?

It's similiar--the original had BLACK lettering on the side, the scoop was a solid color & "woodward Garage was printed,in black, way down on the quarter panel. That along with a porsche sports car 'glass driver's seat, the wooden spacer block for the master cylinder, TorqueThrust front wheels & chrome reverse in the backshows just how "low dollar" the project was.......

DSC_0277.JPG

I'd almost prefer the 62 Max Wedge Dart over the 68 Hemi Dart. That way I could show all the GTO guys that the GTO wasn't the first Muscle Car.

62-dart.jpg

Never saw one with a 4-spd yet.

Attachments

• Hang 10 002.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 154
  • OLD COMPUTOR PICS 012.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Hang 10 engine.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 159
F8 1972 Dodge Dart 4 door 318 (swap in 360 stroker) 4 speed 8-3/4 with green interior and green final top, body colored steel wheels with dog dish caps.

'69 440 'Cuda notch. I know that they handle like a turd and are a handful to stop but I just want to own one before I check out.

Big fan of the original "mule" Hemi Barracuda......they only made 1

I'd almost prefer the 62 Max Wedge Dart over the 68 Hemi Dart. That way I could show all the GTO guys that the GTO wasn't the first Muscle Car.

62-dart.jpg
Now this is cool...my choice had I been given one,even tho they were never made wouldve been the 70-71 dart GTS ragtop 440 4 spd...yep,thats my choice....

I am kinda happy finding and buying a KOS Demon that raced a lot back in the day. Holy grail within reach! :blob:

Started like this raced by the Hennesseys

6422516-009.JPG

Then raced by Mike robbins looking like this:

4976075-71Demon.jpg

Now terrorizing my home track and the local streets:

1897762_657438927655179_1305492873_n.jpg

-
Back