A-body hood scoop seals?

-

mattsmopars

Reaction score
Who if anyone repop's the seals that go in the holes in the hood under the scoop? I think the hole size is 4.5" If i am not mistaken. Please let em know if anyone has a good place to find those seals, and please correct me if I am wrong on the hole size. I am going to put the hole in my duster hood if I can locate the seals.
Thanks, Matt

What style scoop are you putig on? Should be able to get them from one of the rest laces like year one. I know they have the dule hood scoop rubber. I don't run them though. They don't do any thing at all and are a stupid price.

There was a thread on here about those seals and scoops. Unfortunately it was sometime last fall and I don't remember who was selling them. I'll need a set for my Demon when I make some holes in my hood.

Wylde1.

not sure but i think thats the brand i used on my scamp," lil elephant" on here knows where to get them. he is the one that found them for me ill see if i can find out for you, he lives right up the street from me.

Who if anyone repop's the seals that go in the holes in the hood under the scoop? I think the hole size is 4.5" If i am not mistaken. Please let em know if anyone has a good place to find those seals, and please correct me if I am wrong on the hole size. I am going to put the hole in my duster hood if I can locate the seals.
Thanks, Matt

OEM hole size is actually 4 1/8 inch.

Those are the ones! I purchased them for my car and they are as he says, "much better than OEM."

Thanks everyone for the help! Also to burntorange70 thank you for the link I will get some on order. I am putting the twin scoops on my duster hood, and i just wanted to add the holes. I also thought it might ad in helping let some engine bay heat out. Thanks to everyone for the help on the hole size as well.
Matt

They don't do any thing at all and are a stupid price.[/QUOTE said:
They are a stupid price But, I believe they prevent water from running into the holes.

-
Back