A Body Lost Trunk Key

-
..............Don't want to bend the middle of the trunk panel.

A 1" speedbore......

1723475000643.png

A length of rod with a flat hammered on one end and a short 90°on the other end......

1723475102220.png

A decent flashlight and a bit of patience to hit the hole worked for me.

You could pull the spare tire drain plug (maybe there isn't a spare) and see if you can reach the plywood partition latch.

67 fillet neck is attached from inside the trunk. you might be able to remove the 4 screws and push the fill into the trunk and inch or so and use a long rod to unlatch the board.

You could cut a slit in the carpet covering, pull it back, drill a hole and with a long rod with a slot on the end engage the lock rod?

OR just call a locksmith.

I never got a trunk key for my 65 Barracuda that I bought from the meth heads in GA. I ended up drilling holes in the plywood to pop the latches and there was so much stuff in the trunk, I couldn't push the divider down to get to the trunk latch. Sawzall and 5 minutes later, I drug a set of long rams with linkage, 2 big block aluminum intakes and an LD340 out of the trunk! Sold the long rams and big block intakes and have half as much money in the car! (Cost of a sheet of 1/2" plywood not withstanding) lol.

-
Back