A-body main malfunction ...

-

rebeldart

Reaction score
Remember that comment -"what's 'yo main malfunction ?". Anybody else got a problem like this : I can't really get enthusiastic about any other projects. I'm looking to line up my next resto and really want to do another Dart (3rd in a row, family would like to see something different in the garage !). I know where there are other cars in the same price range but they just don't do much for me (looked at a nice 64 Comet Caliente yesterday, could be a great little car, 302 and a 4 spd, great shape, 3 grand, but just couldn't see myself enthused or inspired for the next few years) I'm not even interested in other Chrysler bodies ! I'd consider a 66-7 Nova, maybe an early fastback Mustang, 64-66 Skylark/GS, but not too much else. Am I alone here ? This is hands down THE best site/resource for my malfunction (or support group!)- and no doubt keeps me "primed" . BTW - I'll be 50 next year, but will never outgrow this hobby! Am I okay ?

Our version was "What's your major maladjustment?"
I don't see anything wrong with you. I'm 59 (don't even want to think about next birthday age) and just now in the middle of re-capturing the feeling of my old '69 340 Swinger I sold years ago. Got a '69 Dart under construction now.

Meh. I really like the other Chrysler bodies. 71-2 GTXs, 70 Road Runners, and 69 A12 Bees really get my motor running, as do 70-1 Challengers and and 70-4 'Cudas.

The other brand X's I would consider owning are: 69 Fastback Mustang, 70 Boss 302 Mustang, 69 AMX, 71 Javelin, or a 69 Camaro

Nothin wrong with you brother, thats just how our hobby goes. Before too long you are gonna run across something you just gotta have and it'll breathe that fire back into you. As far as the brand x thing goes, don't sweat that either, you do what ya gotta do... I'm building a prostreet S10 right now and that 72 Demon in the driveway just keeps staring at me. It's time will come. As far as I'm concerned, a gearhead is a gearhead...it's just better to be a Mopar gearhead!

Know what ? You are sick - it is a disease - sorry, can't help you, no known cure. Your sickness will never leave you but could possibly mutate at some point and you may find yourself "addicted" to another machine to wrench on (I came from motorcycles to A-body Chryslers and am now having "issues" when in the vicinity of any nasty flat black rat rod with Mooneyes stickers and whitewalls - pray for me.

DSCN3924 (Small).jpg

I just turned 60 this week and had an accident in my 18 wheeler last week. This was the first major accident I've ever had in one. Turned it over and started doubting everything I ever believed in. Most of all I started wanting to build the relationships with my family more and let everything else slide. I have found my family wants me to be the old me. They don't like me without the spark in my life. Yes I feel closer to my family but they feel closer to me because I am more open to them and they know I'm happy. Look for what interest you and go from there. You will make the right decisions.

Tarr - I know what you mean, and actually the old "me" spent more time fishing. I never could click with my son (video games,etc), he has no interest in cars and only some in fishing/hunting - basically we have zero in common with the exception of photography. Daughters 13 and she's a sweetheart but she's hitting the age where parents are so uncool. Wife is every man's dream, literally - 24 years now and never any doubts. She supports me whatever I do but says I seemed happier when I fished more (mostly on days when I mix primers wrong or dent window trim or...) Just finished a year long men's study at my church that I'd give anything to have taken 20 years ago. Number one thing I got from it - "it's not all about you". I battle that every day.

-
Back