A body parts, need your help

-

NEWATTHIS

Reaction score
Hi everyone,iam writing to you because i need your help. My 1974 dodge dart sport will go into the body shop this year and its in pretty bad shape. I live in Canada and they dont make fiberglass parts for this car, and if i found a place up here that did, they will just import if from the U.S. I found AAR quality fiberglass in the U.S and they make bumpers, hood, and a trunk lid for my car. This is my first mopar, and my knowledge is about a 4or 5 out of 10. I was told that dusters demons and dart sports are all A bodys, but not all the parts are interchangable. I would like to know what is interchangable and what is not. I have a change to buy front fenders from a 1973 or 4 plymouth duster, but i dont know if they fit my car. Also in need quarter panels for this car will quarters work from a demon or a duster? if anyone can tell mw what parts are interchangable with the dusters.demons and dartsports i would be grateful Thanks Newathis

If your car needs all the panels replaced,it,s gonna be expensive,cause the more they take off the more they are gonna find(rust and rot)Can you post some pics. of your car for us to see how bad it is.I just bought a rust free car from southern states and had it shipped to Toronto.Now is the time to buy down south.You can get a rustfree,running Dart Sport or Duster cheaper than what it,s gonna cost you to have 1/4,s put on and the whole car painted.Check Cars for sale forum?Just my 2 cents,cause I,ve seen some pretty rusty Canadian cars.

are u wanting fiberglass parts or steel parts? all the front sheet metal will need to be from a dart sport/dart...

Hi men thanks for the information, you made me think (prettybluedart) about what iam doing. maybe it will be less $$$$$ to buy a car from the U.S Doug, the parts i want can be steall or fiberglass, was just wondering which parts were interchangleable .

You can't mix front clip parts between a Dart and Duster. The whole front clip/all sheetmetal together (including bumper), will bolt on, but the parts do not intermix. The '73-'76 A-bodies also had 2 different bumper mounting configurations that don't interchange. The earlier ones had conventional brackets and later ones had "shock absorber" brackets. You can't use the bumper from one on brackets from another or install the different assembly on a car that wasn't original with it without fabrication.

With fiberglass bumpers, you may be able to fabricate some lighter weight brackets to replace either style.

I have a change to buy front fenders from a 1973 or 4 plymouth duster, but i dont know if they fit my car.

No they will not fit your car.

Also in need quarter panels for this car will quarters work from a demon or a duster? if anyone can tell mw what parts are interchangable with the dusters.demons and dartsports i would be grateful Thanks Newathis

Yes they will work on your car.

'70-'76 Duster, Demon & Dart Sport quarter panels will work on your Dart Sport, but you may have to do some modifications to the side marker light holes, depending on what year quarter panel you use.

'70-'71 had a different style and location marker light than the '72 -'76 models.

Thanks you for the information gentlemen, iam learning and thats the main reason i joined this site , is to learn from guys like you. Thanks NEWATHIS

Thanks you for the information gentlemen, iam learning and thats the main reason i joined this site , is to learn from guys like you. Thanks NEWATHIS
Can you learn to post pics.??LOL!!We need to see your car!How bad is it??How much were you quoted for repairs and paint?There,s alot of good deals on rustfree cars nowadays(economy)I,myself have worked on cars for 30 years and hate rust and bondo.To have the work done on your car is going to cost the price of a rustfree car,if not more.Then a few years down the road,will have to be done again(salt,canadian weather).Just trying to help,cause I know how much it will cost to have the work done on 1/4,s and who know,s what else?frame rails,trunk,floors??My 2 cents!

You make real good sense ( prettybluedart) i dont know how to post pictures on the website, but i will get some help from a friend to show me. Hell, i dont even have a camera, must go by one .Newathis

-
Back