A body radiator overflow bottle

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your just worried about overflow spills through the hose onto the street... I just put in a empty propane bottle. Just drilled out the top, and found a matching twist top that the overflow hose fits into. It's strapped in with a hose clamp to rad support. (looked fine to me!)

oo8.jpg

If your just worried about overflow spills through the hose onto the street... I just put in a empty propane bottle. Just drilled out the top, and found a matching twist top that the overflow hose fits into. It's strapped in with a hose clamp to rad support. (looked fine to me!)

Looks great to me!! Thanks Jimmy Boy:cheers:

depends on year / model / radiater
It's a '72 Dodge Dart with a huge truck radiator.

I actually cut out the bottom of my old charcoal canister, put a plastic bottle inside it and put a strap across the bottom and now I may use that "factory part" :toothy10:

I'm parting out a 74 Dart with a large factory overflow that bolts to the rad suport. Amazingly not cracked and holds fluids. For the factory look these may be the route to go. Of coarce their's lots of after market verientys around. Or just zap strap a coke bottle in their will work in a pinch as well!

Or just zap strap a coke bottle in their will work in a pinch as well!

Not to hijack the thread....but I did that once. Was on a 67 Sport Fury vert with a 383 4v. It ran a little warm from time to time. anyway, I was at the Motorplex for Mopars at the Motorplex and was using a 2L bottle for an overflow. Motor got hot, steamed out water, and shrunk the 2L bottle down to about the size of a 1L!

kinda cool to see

I have factory overflow bottles from Dusters, if your radiator isnt stock these more than likley wont work in the factory locations. If you are interested in one though let me know via a p.m.

-RPM

If you check Summit Racing for overflow bottles and catch cans, they sell some that are pretty darn cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back