A Body replacement panels

-

blackace

The KING of flats
Reaction score
What other sites are there for replacement body panels for A Body besides Year One, Paddock, and Sherman?

Don't forget to check with your local autobody supply place. The panels made for the A bodies right now are all made by the same company -Legion in Taiwan.
Goodmark imports them and Distributes them to thier vendors. By finding a goodmark vendor near you you could save yourself the shipping costs which on quarter panels is quite a bit. They can order them in with a normal stock order.
When I bought the replacement d.s. quarter for the cuda i found all of this out.
I had picked up a parts car that came with a new p.s quarter and it had the tag on it still with the company name and part number on it. In looking at the websites for the repop companies I notices most all of them used the same part number (except for Year-one I believe, but I got thier sales rep to tell me who was making them).

I found that JC Whitney has good price's and the panels are of 20 guage material, However i dont know how well they fit.

I am looking for a driver side floor pan. Year one seems to have the best price so far. I looked at Sherman but I don't like that fact that have the slits in them.

have you tried the junkyards, I see darts a lot at the local yards, got some trim pieces off one just the other day for the vinyl top im putting on... of course in the east coast they might be rusty, but youll save a ton and you know for sure it will fit

valiantdave said:
don`t remember

I bought a driver's side pan from them. Cost me $34 in shipping, The Paddock was charging only $29 shipping, but they also were going to tack on a $20 oversize fee. FYI for anybody out there who is wondering.

has anyone used the jc whitney panels? i hate to pay for the entire panel when i only need 68 cuda lower quarter patch panels.

BadAssDodge said:
have you tried the junkyards, I see darts a lot at the local yards, got some trim pieces off one just the other day for the vinyl top im putting on... of course in the east coast they might be rusty, but youll save a ton and you know for sure it will fit
We in the North East have no such luck with metal in junk yards on old cars. It's ethier donor car or resto part.
We are in the rust belt.

I just picked up a driver's floor pan from Year One for about $60. I have a 20% off coupon so I got it pretty cheap. I also ordered a new carpet and battery quick disconnect. (something like that)LOL!!!

Got everything delivered yesterday!

I had purchased full quarters (LH & RH) from Year One about 10 years ago or so. Shipping truck freight directly to my house was about $95.00 and someone had to be there to sign for them. The quaility didn't seem to bad. The character lines looked a little washed out... not as crisp as I thought they should be. Perhaps prototype or old production tooling with some wear?. At the time only Y-O and Paddock offered these parts for a half-way reasonable price. They were made in Taiwan.

I ended up hacking them apart anyway...

Fat.jpg

I haven't really had a chance to check out the panel yet to see how well it matches up. I'll take a look this weekend. I'm trying to get a few other things ready so I can work on it in the winter!!

-
Back